Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
Having viewed the Sportwaffenschneider Versandhaus.schneider.de web site recently, I think we are short changed on what is on offer in the UK and UK prices do not reflect well against either the EU or USA.

What would the Diana 35 Commemorative cost in the UK, the price is 231 Euros in Germany.

The D35C is a dressed down D280 in my eye's although with a better stock than what Diana were previously offering.

A better rifle than the Hw99 ? The T06 trigger once set up correctly is a match for the Rekord.
I bought and imported one of these shortly after SWS first advertised them. I think I recall another member here also has one.

Specifications wise they really are a D34 as regards bore and stroke. It does have the usual single piece cocking link as used traditionally on Diana's making for the usual cocking slot. The stock itself is a mash up of older traditional designs with a modern take. Bluing is very very good with a high polish applied before the process. It's marked up commemorative and features the excellent T06 trigger. Only available in .177 its rated for the German home market power wise and can be cocked with a little finger.

I don't think sales really went that well but I am surprised to still see them for sale. They are a perfectly usable gun albeit clearly very weak if left at German power levels though they could be utilised for indoor plinking if left that way. I've not touched mine simply due to time constraints.

At the time I ordered mine in I think it was something like £220 to my door which at that time I felt was acceptable for any sort of knock about gun let alone a limited run model. I think Diana could have been a little more imaginative and based the design more towards the 35S model of bygone times but ultimately for the price to my door I wasn't really complaining. Sadly with current exchange rates I don't think there is the price advantage these days.

All in all its a well built gun. At the very least equal to a 99 by the way and in .177 with more lung power to achieve our limit effortlessly.

Dave