Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 135

Thread: The Lesser Spotted Original/Diana 35

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    loughborough
    Posts
    698
    If the piston had only one cocking slot it would likely be just right is the ironic thing!

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    30,453
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

    I'm actually quite happy with the T01 triggers in my 52 and 54 and never even considered swapping them for the T06 when those kits were available at a reasonable price, I even have a spare T01 trigger and piston --- just in case, like.



    All the best Mick
    I haven't shot that many Dianas. But on the ones tried with the T01 trigger, including my little 24D, I've always found the unit very usable and predictable too.

    Excellent result on the rifle, Mick.

    As Jon says, do try and get yourself some of the lighter variety JSB made pellets for springer power testing / setting up. Would be handy for this and other projects. I'm not a fan of most of their fodder myself, as I detect that you're also not attracted, and the prices can be off-putting, but they most certainly come in handy for testing. To be fair, though, on a couple of my rifles tested, our trusty Hobby still pipped the lighter JSB RS and Express variants.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- July 16 / 17, 2022........BOING!!

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Good luck in your quest, John.

    I'm actually quite happy with the T01 triggers in my 52 and 54 and never even considered swapping them for the T06 when those kits were available at a reasonable price, I even have a spare T01 trigger and piston --- just in case, like.



    All the best Mick
    Quest as in Mortal combat More like a Germanic crusade to the father land Mon Capitaine

    Diana trigger mechs are confusing, T01, 5 & 6 What happened to 2, 3 & 4 Then there's the one you've just worked on Mick, with the 3 ball bearings, what's the designation for that one ? Also the Original 45 with it's own unique trigger mech.

    This still doesn't excuse you for avoiding my question regarding the T05, as you said you'd be happy working with T01 & 6 but no mention of 5 When thoses that know, know this is the number of love

    Perhaps I should have avoided bringing this up and just done a thread about Diana, Original, RWS & M&G trigger mechs and why they didn't do what Weihrauch did and stick with the one tried n tested.

    I'm waffling again ain't I

    Atb

    John
    HW 777 SLR

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    loughborough
    Posts
    698

    H W Trigger

    Record ,Perfekt,HW90,HW25 and standard HW30 trigger, could be more !

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,433
    Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Quest as in Mortal combat More like a Germanic crusade to the father land Mon Capitaine

    Diana trigger mechs are confusing, T01, 5 & 6 What happened to 2, 3 & 4 Then there's the one you've just worked on Mick, with the 3 ball bearings, what's the designation for that one ? Also the Original 45 with it's own unique trigger mech.

    This still doesn't excuse you for avoiding my question regarding the T05, as you said you'd be happy working with T01 & 6 but no mention of 5 When thoses that know, know this is the number of love

    Perhaps I should have avoided bringing this up and just done a thread about Diana, Original, RWS & M&G trigger mechs and why they didn't do what Weihrauch did and stick with the one tried n tested.

    I'm waffling again ain't I

    Atb

    John
    Although we use the T numbers are shorthand for different triggers, T actually stands for a type, mark, or variant of a gun. So the 75T01 match rifle is a variant of the 75; it does not use the trigger known as T01. The 50T01 is a 50/45 cross; it does not use the trigger known as T01.

    There are T03 and T04 variants of the 24 series.

    The T05 and T06 variants do involve a different trigger, but also some other changes to the internals.

    Itís a bit like military nomenclature - M16 replaced by M16A1, replaced by M16A2, then M16A4.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Although we use the T numbers are shorthand for different triggers, T actually stands for a type, mark, or variant of a gun. So the 75T01 match rifle is a variant of the 75; it does not use the trigger known as T01. The 50T01 is a 50/45 cross; it does not use the trigger known as T01.

    There are T03 and T04 variants of the 24 series.

    The T05 and T06 variants do involve a different trigger, but also some other changes to the internals.

    Itís a bit like military nomenclature - M16 replaced by M16A1, replaced by M16A2, then M16A4.
    Thanks Geezer, I think there could be a thread just about trigger mechs on the cards

    Crowbar, the main stay for Hw has been the Rekord unit, there is also the match Rekord unit but better to do a new thread, I might fall foul of Mick's greasy balls
    HW 777 SLR

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    15,658
    Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    If the piston had only one cocking slot it would likely be just right is the ironic thing!
    Yes, I think it works out that about 15 grams was lost from the piston for the second slot, so without it the piston would have weighed in at just over 250 grams.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    15,658
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent result on the rifle, Mick.
    Unfortunately I don't think it's good enough, Tone.

    So tomorrow I'll be machining up another piston weight/Top hat from 316 stainless and a bronze bearing for it to sit on, these two should weigh about 28 grams.
    This is about as much extra weight as I can add to the piston as I'll be using the same 28 coil Spring and I'm being carefull to keep exactly the same Spring preload as I've used all the way through this.
    Even with this additional weight the piston will still weigh slightly less than that of my Mercury which has the same bore and stroke as the Original 35.

    If the added weight doesn't work I'll start playing with springs next.



    All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 29-05-2022 at 09:41 PM.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Posts
    24,773
    A spring with a little extra preload should also favour the superdomes more in terms of reducing poiston bounce...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    15,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    A spring with a little extra preload should also favour the superdomes more in terms of reducing piston bounce...

    If the weight doesn't work out I have two other springs ready and waiting, Jon.

    One Spring being the factory original 33 coil Spring, the other being a thin wire 35 coil job.




    All the best Mick

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    15,658
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

    So tomorrow I'll be machining up another piston weight/Top hat from 316 stainless and a bronze bearing for it to sit on, these two should weigh about 28 grams.
    My mistake, they add 29 grams, so from my calculations I now have an all up piston weight of 305 grams --- which is about the same as a Mercury/Airsporter piston.

    I've just got to machine 2mm off the front of the spring guide now, reassemble it and chrono it.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    15,658

    Results

    Over the chrono with a 305 gram piston :-

    Hobbies = 645fps = 11.09ftlbs

    Superdomes = 585fps = 11.02ftlb


    And I think that's as far as I can go with this Spring.


    Edit :-

    I forgot to post a picture of where to put the cable tie round your shaft :-

    image.jpg




    All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 30-05-2022 at 12:52 PM.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Posts
    24,773
    now just leave the poor old girl alone and just shoot her
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Quigley Hollow, Nuneaton
    Posts
    15,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    now just leave the poor old girl alone and just shoot her
    Nah, where's the fun in that, Jon ?

    Next up is piston weight back down in the 270s with factory 33 coil Spring --- I've got some cable ties left so I may as well use them.

    This will give an indication of what power can be achieved with a Protek synthetic seal conversion kit and a factory Spring for the folks without a lathe.




    All the best Mick

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    30,453
    Any normal fettler would be declaring this as "job done" and be happy to just shoot and enjoy now.

    But I think Mick has really got into playing with his tie wraps, lubed up shaft and greasy balls!

    Your further experimentation will help others for sure, Mick. Well done for utter dedication.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- July 16 / 17, 2022........BOING!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •