Thread: The Lesser Spotted Original/Diana 35

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The 35 is one of my favourite air rifles. Handles brilliantly and shoots sweetly. My .22 gives 9fpe with a paper thin breech seal so will go a bit higher. Its bog standard.
    I have a .177 example that gives 5.5 and recoils like a mouse's cough. Feels fairly responsive at that possibly due to its short stroke, gives good accuracy even with my shabby technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    The 35 is one of my favourite air rifles. Handles brilliantly and shoots sweetly. My .22 gives 9fpe with a paper thin breech seal so will go a bit higher. Its bog standard.
    I have a .177 example that gives 5.5 and recoils like a mouse's cough. Feels fairly responsive at that possibly due to its short stroke, gives good accuracy even with my shabby technique.
    Yes, that's the sort of power they seem to give, Drew, which is a bit of a disappointment when looking at other similar sized guns available back in the 1960s and 1970s.

I had a bit of a play with the breech seal on this one yesterday to make sure my recorded velocities were correct.
    The breech seal I took out was a square section ring made from a soft plastic which had two steel shim washers underneath it.
    I replaced the breech seal with an O ring but had to mess about a little with the shims, one was 0.5mm thick the other was 0.25mm.
    The original stack of two shims plus the seal measured 2.8mm. I ended up with a 2.5mm cross section O ring with just the 0.5mm shim under it, so giving a stack of 3mm.
    If seems like if you don't get this just right the barrel won't latch properly or the seal will leak so a bit of trial and error and patience is needed.

All the best Mick