Thread: Reg for mk2 Rapid 2 freeflow

Reg for mk2 Rapid 2 freeflow

Hi everyone can a reg be fitted to a mk2 fac rapid which is freeflow at the moment?

Pm kevg on here he'll sort you out, with what's best.atb mick

Thanks Mick

Will do thanks Mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    KevG is your man, but yes, it screws straight in. However, you need quite a few other tweaks to optimise things, and KevG is the master...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1 View Post
    Hi everyone can a reg be fitted to a mk2 fac rapid which is freeflow at the moment?
    It certainly can, is it a newer version mk2 or older version?

Yes, if you want to reg it it's just a swap with the fast flow bottle adaptor, once that's done it's a matter of what sort of performance you're after, outright power or more shots per fill.
    for example a .25 that you want to get 50fpe+ will need the barrel port opening & far more tweaking than would, say a smaller cal that runs less power.

Fast Flow barrels run a smaller barrel port to help limit the power curve, once reg'd you can open them to the optimum for the cal,
    It depends what if anything has been done previously by an "enthusiastic" owner

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yes, if you want to reg it it's just a swap with the fast flow bottle adaptor, once that's done it's a matter of what sort of performance you're after, outright power or more shots per fill.
    for example a .25 that you want to get 50fpe+ will need the barrel port opening & far more tweaking than would, say a smaller cal that runs less power.

Fast Flow barrels run a smaller barrel port to help limit the power curve, once reg'd you can open them to the optimum for the cal,
    It depends what if anything has been done previously by an "enthusiastic" owner
    Totally as angrybear said, when unregged the black valve porting etc is usually smaller to limit the power curve, and give consistency, once regged mine ported to 6mm I believe in the black valve, and barrel porting was opened up a bit, you can let the gun 'breath' more so to speak when regged.

To you all

Many thanks guys all useful info and much appreciated,
    RFD is holding the rifle for me till i get my FAC back from firearms unit, and then i can sort the reg out. Could be some wait!!!

Before you start spending I'd have some time with the FF, to see what it's doing & that will depend on the current internals.
    my .25 is FF not reg & at 45fpe I get 4 mags/48 shots through a 10p size hole before it starts to drop away, shot 55 will be around 40mm low after that each shot drops 10-15mm.

As I said above it all depends on the cal & what you want to achieve.

The fast flow can be machined and a reg core made to fit but its a lot of work, far simpler to just swap the ff out for a regulator, as above talk to Kev as he makes valves to spec to..

Enjoy

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars