Thread: JSB test pack am I being thick?

JSB test pack am I being thick?

ALl,
    I got some JSB test packs, far too modern and clever, what happened to buying 20 tins

Anyway probably a dumb question but is there any way to work out which is which without firing up the scales and callipers? Does clockwise from the gap match up with the numbers on the front or something?

Answer, yes, found the numbers on the bottom

I cant see any value in these test packs unless the die and batch number is supplied with the sample pellets ,and the supplier can subsequently provide quantities of the exact same pellets .

Of course I might be missing something .

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    I cant see any value in these test packs unless the die and batch number is supplied with the sample pellets ,and the supplier can subsequently provide quantities of the exact same pellets .

These are more to get you in the ball park, you can fine tune & procure larger quantities later if you're that way inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post

The purpose is of course to sell pellets from odds and sods of batches, open tins, rejects and general sweepings up at a huge markup.

Or am I just too cynical?
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    The purpose is of course to sell pellets from odds and sods of batches, open tins, rejects and general sweepings up at a huge markup.

Or am I just too cynical?
    Well they'd sell more product if we had to buy full tins to do tests .
    They've seen that on-line pellet selections sell so have decided to put out their own,

I found it very helpful as for £11.99, I now know my .22 hates the Exact monster 25gn & heavy jumbo 18gn, it's so-so with the Express 14gn & RS 13gn, but loves the Exact 16gn in all 3 head sizes.

Where as the Accupell, FTT & Baracuda 15, cost me £12.99 per tin to discover they're all a bit 'meh'