Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer bash 16th and 17th July 2022

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Have you got sun stroke, Pete?

Did you ever manage to find the use for that SS Custom stock?

And how's our lovely Tazzy dogdog?
    I'll most probably swap the stocks on my .25 as I think your one is better condition, I've just not got round to looking at it yet, I've been laying a car pit in the camper van before we go to Germany end of next week, Taz is his usual boisterous self.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Ah, off to The Land of Milk, Honey and HW35s, Pete?

Can you bring me back one of Hermann's finest, please?

Give that awesome doggy a cuddle from me!
    Last edited by TonyL; 18-06-2022 at 04:35 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Smile Summer bash

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I have, with kind permission, obtained the use of a field for the purposes of a bash.

Just a field with two portaloos. Water in bottles again. I can do a water run for those with big jugs or water carriers.

For those who have not been before, search Carrier Landscapes. The field is opposite their main entrance.

....Event and Payment Details.

16th and 17th July 2022 Boinger Bash

This will just be a weekend of chatting about guns, shooting, eating, drinking and getting to meet folks.

THE PRICE

£25 including camping over the full weekend (3 nights or more if required)

£12.50 for just the one day attendance.

Part of this payment is for me to insure on the field so that folks without their own shooting insurance can attend.

THE VENUE

Quigley Bottom Shooting Club
    Station Road
    Upper Broughton
    Melton Mowbray
    Leicestershire
    LE14 3BQ

HOW IT WORKS

Payment by bacs to the following account please:-

Payee --------------- Mr N C Page
    Sort Code ---------- 40-47-86
    Account Number --- 43024318

If you put your BBS username as the reference I can then add your username to the paid list.

Cheques by arrangement to usual address.

I will not be organising a licensed bar on site but as your cars will be accessible inside the site I suggest you bring your own.

There will be a kettle with tea and coffee. No BBQ at this time.

There is no running water. A water run will be arranged for lunch time (ish).

There will be portaloos.

There is no rubbish disposal. Please sort your waste into burnable, aluminium cans to go to charity and glass. It is hoped you can take some glass home with you.

For a precise destination please google Carrier Landscapes. The gate entrance is 50m down the road opposite Carrier Landscapes.

Camping around the ponds. Shooting range location not fully decided yet.
    Sounds like a good event Neil,will have to organise with work.
    Will there be pork pies ??

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

28 sleepies to go, peeps.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    With the humidity it wasn't much of a sleepie last night
    Pete

Nope.

But it's another ticked off the 'meter nonetheless.

And I see Dave's kicked off the sales thread.

Are you down at the club today, Pete?

Ah, off to The Land of Milk, Honey and HW35s, Pete?

Can you bring me back one of Hermann's finest, please?

Give that awesome doggy a cuddle from me!
    I thought Germany was known for beer, sausages and definitely strange looking air rifles, now as for one of Hermanns finest, which one would that be, HW77, 80 or even the 30 (can of worms now opened)

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I thought Germany was known for beer, sausages and definitely strange looking air rifles, now as for one of Hermanns finest, which one would that be, HW77, 80 or even the 30 (can of worms now opened)

Pete
    Mmmm.......I thought it went more along the lines of very finely engineered rifles and pistols, most especially including the air variety. Beer? Not so sure. I prefer our English bitters so I'm far from expert in the German beer department. Sausages? Yep, guess so, but I don't partake these days. Some decidedly strange attire, though......those lederhosen , weird hats and shirts and twangy braces.....

Now, what was that HW model number I was thinking of?

Mmmm.......I thought it went more along the lines of very finely engineered rifles and pistols, most especially including the air variety. Beer? Not so sure. I prefer our English bitters so I'm far from expert in the German beer department. Sausages? Yep, guess so, but I don't partake these days. Some decidedly strange attire, though......those lederhosen , weird hats and shirts and twangy braces.....

Now, what was that HW model number I was thinking of?
    Good man, totally agree about the English bitters and ales, German sausages I've not really tried that many but most probably will try a few whilst over there, to be honest Tone, you seemed to be more in love with the 30 than the 35 at the last bash, you couldn't stop singing it's praises, I've been stocking up on those .22 excite hammers for Karen, not as cheap as when you got them from our lovely sponsor but still cheaper than buying a tin of 500 FTTs and the little 30 seems to shoot both types happily, I may take a little trip to Knibbs today to see how much FTTs are there (and to see what rifles they have) but I have found a place on the bay that sells them at a good price if you buy a few tins.

Pete

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    No club today Tony.
    No chance till July now
    Pete

It looks like Emma and George won't be able to make the Bash and I'm not sure if I'll be staying for more than a day yet. Neil, can I confirm in a couple of weeks please?
    Well, I decided to strip the reel down and repaint the outer shell. It looks a lot better now but it was an absolute nightmare resetting the auto bail arm.
    https://imgur.com/a/Zc8vMdF

Sorry Emma and George can't make it.
    Yes you can let me know nearer the time.
    I need fish and chips two weeks before if possible Gary.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by GS747 View Post
    Sounds like a good event Neil,will have to organise with work.
    Will there be pork pies ??
    Sorry, I didn't spot this post yesterday morning.

Welcome to the forum and an even bigger welcome to the lovely, cuddly Boinger Bash mini-sub-section.

It really is a wonderful event. Very enjoyable and welcoming. Informal and not competitive. You'll have a great time. Hope you can join us.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Good man, totally agree about the English bitters and ales, German sausages I've not really tried that many but most probably will try a few whilst over there, to be honest Tone, you seemed to be more in love with the 30 than the 35 at the last bash, you couldn't stop singing it's praises, I've been stocking up on those .22 excite hammers for Karen, not as cheap as when you got them from our lovely sponsor but still cheaper than buying a tin of 500 FTTs and the little 30 seems to shoot both types happily, I may take a little trip to Knibbs today to see how much FTTs are there (and to see what rifles they have) but I have found a place on the bay that sells them at a good price if you buy a few tins.

Pete
    Ah, I love the 30 and 35 equally, Pete.. But what makes the little 30 so special to me is that I guess some people will overlook them due to their smaller size and "junior image", yet when a grown up shooter witnesses the fine accuracy and exemplary shooting manners for the first time, they're well and truly smitten. Like I was all those years ago and have championed them ever since.

I've only used those Hammers in my Mercury so far, and it likes them.

FTTs seem to be the favourite go-to for most of my HWs. But do get a tin of RWS Hobby for the little 30, too. Mine love them.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    No club today Tony.
    No chance till July now
    Okay dokes; sorry to hear that, Pete. At least it'll be Bash time soon.