Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Summer bash 16th and 17th July 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Likewise Tone and the chance to play with some lovely and unique toys you own, oh and to sing the praises of the 35
    Indeed, Gav. And I could see Pete, I mean "Dave", gazing longingly in the 35's direction. It's a beauty, for sure, and shoots very nicely.

And thank you for your military man's tips on checking the scope. A slightly modified version (and less dodgy looking) of the method I've used for years.. Every day's a school day!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Now you've confused me, I thought you where Daveo

Pete
    Nope, just plain old "Tone", Dave.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Hi Tony. I am glad everyone had a good time
    Typically enough things are easing a little after a weekend spent mostly on my back.
    Just in time to go back to work tomorrow
    As you say, Pete, bloody typical.. The main thing is that you're, hopefully, on the mend.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns n Hoses View Post
    A very big thanks to Neil and Tina for all the hard work they have put in with organising the bash. I'm sure everyone that attended really appreciate all the hard work and commitment to running it.
    It was great to catch up with all the bash regulars, and the weather was perfect too. Shot some amazing guns that various people brought along. Bought some rifles that I had no plan on purchasing. Happy Days!
    Lets put the word out there everyone about this event and get the attendance numbers up!
    And most excellent to see you and The Ronster again, sir.

Those rifles you bought were just the ticket and absolute bargains.

I was well disappointed in not joining up with my Boinger bash friends, I am glad everyone had a great time (I am not surprised) and hope to catch up with everyone at a future Bash.
    I have been in the process of moving home, and unfortunately it was brought forward 2 weeks early.
    I couldn't leave my Mrs to deal with it all(on the Thursday before the Bash(I was tempted) .
    So Had to bow out of this one.
    See you all soon folks .
    Atb
    Les..

Nobody could ever question your commitment to the Boinger Bash cause, Les. And even the most hardened supporter would struggle to get their attendance card stamped with something so big, important, life-changing and stressful as a house move happening, my friend.

I hope if went as smoothly as possible, Les, and that you're settled in very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I was well disappointed in not joining up with my Boinger bash friends, I am glad everyone had a great time (I am not surprised) and hope to catch up with everyone at a future Bash.
    I have been in the process of moving home, and unfortunately it was brought forward 2 weeks early.
    I couldn't leave my Mrs to deal with it all(on the Thursday before the Bash(I was tempted) .
    So Had to bow out of this one.
    See you all soon folks .
    Atb
    Les..
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nobody could ever question your commitment to the Boinger Bash cause, Les. And even the most hardened supporter would struggle to get their attendance card stamped with something so big, important, life-changing and stressful as a house move happening, my friend.

I hope if went as smoothly as possible, Les, and that you're settled in very soon.
    Thanks Tony
    It had to be something major for me to miss out on some Boinger fun.
    Atb
    Les..

At least we haven't got long to wait until the next one, Les.

Cool Craigy-P's LGVs

Craigy-P's LGVs. Sorta rhymes, doesn't it?

Craigy, what a beautifully turned out pair of super-smooth shooting and laser accurate rifles. Well done, mate. You should be rightly over the moon.

Further endorsement, not that any was needed, to Jim's expertise on working out an effective, easily performed tune making an already excellent rifle utterly superb.

And they stopped making them!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Craigy-P's LGVs. Sorta rhymes, doesn't it?

Craigy, what a beautifully turned out pair of super-smooth shooting and laser accurate rifles. Well done, mate. You should be rightly over the moon.

Further endorsement, not that any was needed, to Jim's expertise on working out an effective, easily performed tune making an already excellent rifle utterly superb.

And they stopped making them!
    I never got to shoot any of those but I did shoot Terry's out of the box LGU, nice firing cycle but a pain to load the bloody TX copy antibear trap just makes it so long winded, that's why I prefer a break barrel for plinking sessions and quick second shots if needed in the field, also for some reason the really fine cross hairs on the scope kept vanishing when put on target.

Hopefully I'll have the Fenman up and running before the next bash, the valve doesn't seem to want to seat down into the housing far enough and the thin middle bit sticks out the end, I've found a 2BA tap and I'm going to run it down the thread to see if that helps, if I can't fill it that way, then I'll go to plan B or C, which is spring kit or a Diana Ntec ram inside instead.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 19-07-2022 at 12:04 PM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Springy internals sound nice.

I don't dislike the LGU. But I also much prefer the LGV. Especially because of that lovely tactile, refined, discreet and super-secure manual barrel latch.

I don't dislike the LGU. But I also much prefer the LGV. Especially because of that lovely tactile, refined, discreet and super-secure manual barrel latch.
    I could indeed try both (if the valve works) and see which one shoots the best but I wouldn't want all the work Nick has done for me to go to waste, the threads and Allen heads all seem to be chewed up on this rifle, I hate it when people don't look after their rifles properly.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I think sometimes it's nice to just have an old tack driver off a rifle (like your Supersport) which may not be perfect but just puts a smile on your face when you shoot it, I find when you have an expensive rifle which everyone expects to shoot the nads off a knat at a hundred paces and it doesn't perform how you expect, then you kind of lose faith a little bit.

Pete

I could indeed try both (if the valve works) and see which one shoots the best but I wouldn't want all the work Nick has done for me to go to waste, the threads and Allen heads all seem to be chewed up on this rifle, I hate it when people don't look after their rifles properly.

Pete
    Understood.. It'll be nice to get it just right as a rammer. Especially when you have a good selection of springers at your disposal anyway.

Agree with your comments re people not looking after stuff. It's bad enough if they have a cheapy. Even more upsetting when it's a quality, more "premium" item.

I think sometimes it's nice to just have an old tack driver off a rifle (like your Supersport) which may not be perfect but just puts a smile on your face when you shoot it, I find when you have an expensive rifle which everyone expects to shoot the nads off a knat at a hundred paces and it doesn't perform how you expect, then you kind of lose faith a little bit.

Pete
    Oh yes, thst ugly little beat up minger of a Supersport is so ugly and manky looking it's almost beautiful. Love it to bits!