Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer bash 16th and 17th July 2022

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Just been talking to a bloke in the showroom who looked like that!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    How’s the eyes now since the injections Tone ?
    Much better cheers, Pauly.

Second round of injections next Tuesday. Not exactly looking forward to it, but they're definitely helping.....
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Hey Pauly and Mick.

You both have some land / decent garden. Would you like an oak sapling? I have one or two growing nicely that I grew from acorns last year.

Offer goes out to all Boingerati.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hey Pauly and Mick.

You both have some land / decent garden. Would you like an oak sapling? I have one or two growing nicely that I grew from acorns last year.

I grew 3 from acorns maybe 8 - 9 years ago now. When they where about 3 years old, I planted them (with permission) at the North York Moors Visitors Centre at Danby. I visited them for the first time in a few years, last year. Wow, they've come on a treat.

I was a Volunteer with the NYMNP that's why I got permission
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Hey Pauly and Mick.

Very kind offer Tone. I’ll give Mick first dibs as he has plenty more space than me, I only have a ‘small’ garden in comparison. I have 3 apple trees, a pear tree and a rather large Yew so not doing too bad for trees.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I grew 3 from acorns maybe 8 - 9 years ago now. When they where about 3 years old, I planted them (with permission) at the North York Moors Visitors Centre at Danby. I visited them for the first time in a few years, last year. Wow, they've come on a treat.

I was a Volunteer with the NYMNP that's why I got permission
    Nice one, Dave.

So glad you found somewhere nice and accommodating to plant them and it must be so nice to be able to visit from time to time to see their progress.

At the moment, keeping them here isn't an issue. I re-planted them into bigger pots at the weekend and they're doing really well. But, eventually, it would be lovely to be able to let them go to a good new home. If it's somewhere where I might be able to visit occasionally, that would be a bonus, as it is for yourself.

The tree I got the acorns from looks to be able to give loads more later this year and I'll be planting lots of those, too.

Very kind offer Tone. I’ll give Mick first dibs as he has plenty more space than me, I only have a ‘small’ garden in comparison. I have 3 apple trees, a pear tree and a rather large Yew so not doing too bad for trees.
    Nice one re the trees, Pauly.

Do you get plenty of fruit from them?

You planning on making any longbows?

Smile And The Sleepometer says

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

"Fifty one to go, peeps".

BOING!

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Nice one re the trees, Pauly.

Do you get plenty of fruit from them?

You planning on making any longbows?
    I’ve got a cooking apple tree and a couple of cider apple trees but sadly, I don’t use them, a lot go to waste. However, I do have a neighbour who comes and takes a couple of barrow loads for cider making so not all wasted. The pear tree is very old and does produce fruit but it’s very small. They are great for attracting wild birds though which is a nice bonus. Low hanging fruit that sits in front of my back wall make good targets against a nice backstop too

Mmm, never thought about using the yew tree for bow making !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Operation date confirmed
    Payment on it's way Neil, see you in July guys
    Pete

Nice one, Pete.

So, operation date as hoped?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Nice one, Pete.

So, operation date as hoped?
    19th August Tony. So I have a chance
    Pete

Ooooh, yes. Fingers crossed for a speedy and smooth recovery then, Pete, and your attendance at the September Bash.

I’ve got a cooking apple tree and a couple of cider apple trees but sadly, I don’t use them, a lot go to waste. However, I do have a neighbour who comes and takes a couple of barrow loads for cider making so not all wasted. The pear tree is very old and does produce fruit but it’s very small. They are great for attracting wild birds though which is a nice bonus. Low hanging fruit that sits in front of my back wall make good targets against a nice backstop too

Mmm, never thought about using the yew tree for bow making !
    Nice one also re giving the baby oaks a miss and letting someone else have the opportunity, Pauly. They're doing really wel in their new, fresh, larger pots. A couple of them are going really mental!

Be nice if you got some more takers on the apples so that they don't go to waste, especially in these austere and uncertain times. Great for pulling those little dick birds in, though.

Be great and very interesting to learn about making bows from yew, from selecting the branch, seasoning, preparation etc.......

Lightbulb And The Sleepometer says

Fifty to go, peeps.

BOING!