Thread: FT scope question

FT scope question

Does anyone use a FFP scope for FT or will the ret be too big at 40/50 mag to be useable?
    Old Gits FT springer World champion 2017 & 2018

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Most people will use a SSP scope as your using dial in, not graduated holdover, so a FFP has no advantage, but it's personal preference to an extent as your typically using the high mag for range finding more accurately and shooting on a lower mag, perhaps 30, but again, it's personal preference, and everyone will have their way of doing it.

Personally I'm not a fan of FFP scopes at all for air gun ranges, but with a low mag scope for hunting they can be ok, but with high mag scopes the reticule becomes unusable at lower mags.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Hi
    James hit the nail right on the head. For me it will be the reticle is unusable at low power in a FFP scope. Most of my ranging in FT is at 50 power and when I shoot the target around 40-45 power. It just works for me, and a FFP scope does not have the qualities that I want on my air rifle. Now FFP scopes have their place in long range shooting with powder burners, but I think you will be out of sorts with a FFP scope in FT.

Biagio
    Best Place to hang out and chat with my friends, is right here.