Thread: S400 Carbine + Gary Cane Laminate Stock Valuation

S400 Carbine + Gary Cane Laminate Stock Valuation

Hi all,

Just after a bit of help with valuing my .177 S400 for sale. I’ve come back to shooting after a break for a few years, and have found I’ve been enjoying shooting my springer far more than the S400, so I’m hoping to sell it on in order to fund another spring rifle purchase. I’m not sure what the 400 is worth though as I have a lot of custom parts for it. Here’s a link to photos: https://imgur.com/a/mbaWPuQ

- S400 Carbine action - near mint condition, shoots well at roughly 11.5 ish ft/lbs and never had any issues with accuracy or leaking etc.
    - Original beech stock - again in great shape just a couple of tiny marks toward the butt end.
    - Rowan Engineering bolt, barrel sleeve, set-back trigger and Air stripper.
    - Air Arms newer shape filler cap and barrel band
    - Logun carbon fiber silencer, very quiet!
    - Large Plano hard case
    - All the original parts that the above pieces replaced
    - Original box and paperwork
    - A really nice Gary Cane laminate thumbhole stock with adjustable cheekpiece and butt pad.

Any help figuring out the value is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve
    Last edited by HW95K; 21-05-2022 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Added photo link

lovely looking gun but some one with more experience then me will give you a good guide price

Need to state the calibre. As with that stock a . 177cal would be more suited for field target ect.

Sorry! It’s .177. Can’t believe I forgot that bit haha!

Well id say at a guess £450-£500 for everything. Maybe a little more. Most are after the s410 or the newer 500 series rather the s400 single shot these days.
    Last edited by WILBA; 21-05-2022 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Well id say at a guess £450-£500 for everything. Maybe a little more. Most are after the s410 or the newer 500 series rather the s400 single shot these days.
    Do you reckon I’d be better splitting the rifle and the custom stock? The stock might fit a 410 or 510 action?

Best regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by HW95K View Post
    Do you reckon I’d be better splitting the rifle and the custom stock? The stock might fit a 410 or 510 action?

Best regards
    Steve
    Plain guns sell for much less as most dont want a single shot. If i was after a s400 the stock would be a deal breaker as lets be honest s400's are two a penny. Id not split the stock as that to me would sell the gun easier. But your equipment buddy and up to you to split or put for sale as a whole deal. Chris

Gun in original stock I would suggest £350 ish
    Gary cane stock £250-300

I agree with markyboy on prices. And I think you would be much better off splitting. Used s400's sell very well and, people like to buy custom stocks. All the other bits and bobs if sold separately will surprisingly amount to quite a few quid.

Agree with Markyboy’s valuation. Perhaps possible to push the stock for a little more as Gary Cane are very expensive new.

The s400 will sell well - 410 slightly better but plenty of desire for the simpler and more competition suitable single shot

A date of the rifle would aid an accurate valuation.

The S400 is a very good seller, and is the starting point for many competitive shooters. This one looks to have some decent additions too.
    Assuming its not too old, I'd estimate 350-400 for the rifle.
    A basic s400 is now around 580 quid new.

The GC stock is rather more of a personal item, and likely where the biggest hit may be taken, particularly if any aspects of the stock are vastly different to the proportions of the standard stock. GC stocks are a fair chunk of money, so would still fetch a decent portion of that back ,if in good order. I'd imagine half the new cost.
    B.A.S.C. member

Thanks for the help everyone. I’ll get it listed soon based on your suggestions and having chatted to a few guys about it at the club this morning.

All the best
    Steve