Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Bullpup

First Bullpup

I'm looking at various bullpups around the £500 mark. This will be the first - and maybe the last - I buy, so I'd be grateful for some pointers please.

Rifles on my shortlist are

Artemis P15
    Artemis P35
    Kral Puncher Breaker
    Stoeger XM1
    Reximex Regime

All will be in .177 cal.
    Has anyone strong views on any of the above? - positive or negative. Other suggestions considered too.
    I have yet to visit my RFD to see what feels good. Obviously this will be a deciding factor for my gibbon arms.
    Cheers.
    The problem with being old is that you can remember when things weren't crap. Sometimes.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    My first Bullpup PCP was a P15, it was also my last.

I'm sure there's reasons for having one, but sooner or later you're gonna see it!?

My first was the p15 and what a pile of trash that was, the kral breaker was good and took a tuneup very well, the reximex stuff is getting decent reviews

Take a look around and you should find a good used example if its just a tryout, and one thing I found made a bullpup much nicer to shoot was xtra high scope mounts.

The good news is Ive stopped using rifles out hunting as a bullpup is so much better for me, and if you enjoy your tryout you have a great journey trying some excellent pups from Kalibrgun Edgun AGT Taipan Airmaks, enjoy the ride

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

I've got a couple of Krals.

The puncher breaker is really nice with the right pellet. It is quite top heavy and the valve bounces which wastes air a bit. You will double the shot count if you fix it up.

I've also got a Kral NP02 which I think is a better fit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    My first Bullpup PCP was a P15, it was also my last.

I'm sure there's reasons for having one, but sooner or later you're gonna see it!?
    Yeah, it's a replacement for an Artemis pistol. Just fancied something different
    The problem with being old is that you can remember when things weren't crap. Sometimes.

I had a tuned artemis p10... Superb thing but a little heavy.
    Then went into p15s.. I've not had a bad one and the (good ones? ) I've had/have are phenomenal for the price bracket. Super lightweight, high shot count and great accuracy.
    I now have an AGT vulcan 2 which is my go to gun.

Went for the Stoeger XM1. Fit was the best out of the four I tried. Couldn't get my hand in the grip of the P35. Strange.
    Really tempted by beautiful rifles outside my price range, but stayed within my budget.
    Just need to get the Stoeger set up unfortunately the rain's coming down in stair rods for the foreseeable.

Loving my P15, fairly new but already shooting on par with my HW100, both guns grouping nice at 40 yards with Baracuda Match pellets.

The lever seems to have been improved over the earlier models that suffered from the pin working loose. I prefer the single shot tray over the mag and found it neccesary to fit a butt hook and extended cheek piece. The trigger and finish are perfectly good too, if you want a lightweight (2kg) well worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    Loving my P15, fairly new but already shooting on par with my HW100, both guns grouping nice at 40 yards with Baracuda Match pellets.

The lever seems to have been improved over the earlier models that suffered from the pin working loose. I prefer the single shot tray over the mag and found it neccesary to fit a butt hook and extended cheek piece. The trigger and finish are perfectly good too, if you want a lightweight (2kg) well worth a look.
    Try the qys streamlined at 9.5 grain. Mine is superb with those, better than anything else.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    with bullpups, fit and balance are even more important than on a conventional rifle - or maybe it's just that any shortfalls are more obvious ? Either way, I'd defo try a few.

I have a few Krals, and they are good reliable performers, and get really good after a basic tune / SSG etc.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

ive had 2 p15 not the best out the box but taking to mark dempsey he sorted them for me as hes local shoot as good as any top end guns ive owned

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    ive had 2 p15 not the best out the box but taking to mark dempsey he sorted them for me as hes local shoot as good as any top end guns ive owned
    Where is Mark Dempsey based?

M1

Have you tried a moderator on the end of shroud. Many of the m1 suffer clipping due to badly aligned to the barrel shroud. That said get store to swap over several see if one fits fine.
    If not and you use a mod which does make it far quieter remove shroud to screw on barrel.
    I'm 177 these love bisley lrg and obviously jsb exact and is awesomely accurate.

Enjoy its a cracker

My dad has had 4 of the fore mentioned so far, all have broken and are rough to say the least.
    I would look for a used HW100BP.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Really peed off today.
    Went to fit the scope and when I took it out of the box I realised it wasn't mine as it had mounts fitted already. There were two of us at the shop with the same style Hawke scopes (different magnifications) on the counter and they got swapped.
    Have to wait 'till Monday to exchange and it's a blue sky windless day today
    Frustrated too say the least. Did fire off two mags "shotgun" style though.