Thread: BSA Superstar

BSA Superstar

What's a ball mark value of a BSA Superstar rifle with a scope?
    Some minor rust spots on the barrel and some on the cylinder that look like they will clean off. However there is one brown rust spot that didn't scratch off which might leave a pit.
    Not sure if I should forget it?

Depending on the scope I’d say up to the £200 mark assuming it’s .22. A tidy example in .177 maybe up to £250 and a .25 a little more still. All depends on condition. Something with surface rust IMO isn’t a “collectors” grade example so adjust values to suit.

Cheers
    Greg

Period Taso Silver Antler 3-9X40, the silver ring was on the rear rather than the front bell which was just plain. It wasn't mark with the country of origin.
    .22 calibre.

Pics would help us better to value. I payed £280 for my excellent condition . 22cal superstar 5yrs ago with a nikko platinum scope as part of the deal. Now id not sell it for less than £400 in that setup. Rust and overall condition will affect value. Id say greg aint for off the mark at £200 for gun alone in that condition. Scope will bump it up another £35-£40.

I paid £160 recently for a slightly scruffy .22 example that will need a re-blue at some point. I wouldn’t put much value on an included scope unless it was something a bit special, but would be more concerned that the original opens were with it.

I recently paid £160 for a .177 Superstar at auction with period scope and slip to boot. Pretty much immaculate woodwork but had some speckles on the metalwork and one bad patch on the underlever but generally not too bad and shoots very nicely. ( obviously there was the buyers premium plus rfd carriage, but I WANTED it, lol)

I guess it all boils down to how much you want it and are happy to pay. It’s not always about precise market value, sometimes the heart rules the head and you pay accordingly…….
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

It sold to someone “in the room” for £240, which with VAT and buyers premium (20%,19%) brought the total to £333.60.