Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammerli Single info

At this point in your struggle, applying a load of heat to the valve joint won't hurt. It'll fry the seals but new ones are needed anyway. For the joint seal SiA128 I've used a Buna O-ring from my box-o'-stuff that seemed suitable in size, worked fine. The exhaust seal is a flat one, looks like urethane, and an O-ring wouldn't likely work here. Pretty sure I once cut one from 90 durometer urethane sheet, but didn't record the dimensions.

Don R.

Quote Originally Posted by ml09616 View Post
    Being in Australia, I can find no-one who is prepared to look at this for me, so I was wondering if there is anywhere I can purchase a complete new/refurbished valve?
    Buying a new one would save me a lot of hassle, and I would have the old one to work on.
    Failing that, can anyone let me know what size seals I need and I will continue to try and separate the valve to reseal it.

Thanks for any help I can get on this.... I am pulling my hair out!

Mike

Well this could be your lucky day

I am sorting through some Hammerli spares, I'm sure I have a 'new' old stock valve, If I find it I will message you for your address, so I can get a quote for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

I am sorting through some Hammerli spares, I'm sure I have a 'new' old stock valve, If I find it I will message you for your address, so I can get a quote for shipping.
    Mark.....
    If you could do this, I would forever be in your debt.... and I would even buy you a beer!

But seriously though.... that would be the answer to my prayers!
    I have no idea of the sizes of the seals etc, and besides, I think this current valve may have been butchered a bit. There are a lot of scratches on it, and it looks like it has been through a vice (seriously).

So..... I will be sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation!

regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for your offer....

I have sent you a PM with details.

Thanks again for this!

Mike