Thread: Holts auction.

Holts auction.

Just been going through the on line auction of air guns and if you tune in you will see the prices they have made. Always interesting when i hve some of the models auctioned .Prices seem good especially on the rarer models such as the bsa military patterns and mk service which i have a number of. Webley mk2 sevice in .25 cal fetched £1600 plus comm. mine has the 3 barrels set looking good. Tune in and have a look.
    Roly.

Two nice condition Britannia’s sold for 650 & 750.
    750 + fees is a grand,
    wow.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Just been going through the on line auction of air guns and if you tune in you will see the prices they have made. Always interesting when i hve some of the models auctioned .Prices seem good especially on the rarer models such as the bsa military patterns and mk service which i have a number of. Webley mk2 sevice in .25 cal fetched £1600 plus comm. mine has the 3 barrels set looking good. Tune in and have a look.
    Roly.
    Thanks for that Roly, as I too have a few Service rifles to dispose of, including a .25 with .177 and .22 barrels.
    Some of the Webley pistol prices were interesting, as I have a few of those to dispose of as well.

The haenel repeater for £1700 plus fees caught my eye

Unlike a milpat or a service, when was the last time you saw one of those for sale? Interesting engineering too.
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    The haenel repeater for £1700 plus fees caught my eye

Unlike a milpat or a service, when was the last time you saw one of those for sale? Interesting engineering too.
    There were a couple at Protek about 12 years ago (Half stock and Junior). One at a Sussex/ Kent area auction about 8-10 years ago ( can't remember who, Half stock ). A very tatty Junior on egun a few years ago that sold for €2000+ (smashed stock and rusty ). A Full stock sold on Auction Arms for IRO $500 after hanging around for a bit, ( this one did not have the drum and cover but did AIR have the side linkage- so the tap auto-opened and shut ). I know of a standard IVe that has been fitted with a copy of the drum mechanism.
    The example sold today at Holts was the star of the show and worth every note. The buyer will be over the moon with this fabulous piece! ( It wasn't me by the way!....)

Completely agree and it wasn’t me either !

Wish it was mind you.
    Morally flawed

There was a .22 cal Haenel mod IV Rep on egun a while ago but missing the drum mag too. I was tempted because I have a fairly low-powered .22 cal mod V Junior repeater in nice condition and I thought about swapping the drum over. But it went for too much.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Well l don't think that many of the airguns went to the trade. maybe be new collectors with deep pockets. as l thought they went for over the top prices with all the fees added. it will be interesting to see what the knock on effect it will have on future prices. Hols where out of order with some estimate's like the BSA .25 which had £300-£500 est which was passed. but had a currant bid of £380. they are not surposed to have a reserve price that is higher than the lower estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Well l don't think that many of the airguns went to the trade. maybe be new collectors with deep pockets. as l thought they went for over the top prices with all the fees added. it will be interesting to see what the knock on effect it will have on future prices. Hols where out of order with some estimate's like the BSA .25 which had £300-£500 est which was passed. but had a currant bid of £380. they are not surposed to have a reserve price that is higher than the lower estimate.

I dont understand how this was Passed as it had an online bid of £700 , I have it recorded and the auctioneer saying against you online at £700 and on the picture in the background it has the EST of £300 to £500

Actually.... my mistake, just logged into Holts and now says sold for the £700

But still have the screen shot that says PASSED from when the auction was still live..... DOH!!!!!!!

Can someone tell me what the 2 milpats made please?

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Can someone tell me what the 2 milpats made please?
    Lot 13 2,500 Lot 23 1,700 both hammer prices

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Lot 13 2,500 Lot 23 1,700 both hammer prices
    Thanks Micky
    I remember a certain BSA trader having a MilPat up for £4500 many years ago. At the time the going rate was around £1500. I reckon £4000 in today's market would be around the going rate, in good condition. If I did not loath this auction house, I would 'have had a go'
    Well done to the buyers....

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Thanks Micky
    I remember a certain BSA trader having a MilPat up for £4500 many years ago. At the time the going rate was around £1500. I reckon £4000 in today's market would be around the going rate, in good condition. If I did not loath this auction house, I would 'have had a go'
    Well done to the buyers....
    They were a better buy than the one that went a few days ago.