Thread: Haenel 28r

Haenel 28r

Some of you may have noticed there was one of these in an auction today. Very little if any finish left, though otherwise didn’t look bad, although the particulars specifically said not tested.

£1100 hammer, which I make about £1500 all in

I know these are rare, and I can see they are desirable, but, really? For a pistol that may not even be in working order?
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Some of you may have noticed there was one of these in an auction today. Very little if any finish left, though otherwise didn’t look bad, although the particulars specifically said not tested.

£1100 hammer, which I make about £1500 all in

I know these are rare, and I can see they are desirable, but, really? For a pistol that may not even be in working order?
    That’s insane but since I own a few I’ll take it! I do think these are one of the most underrated prewar pistols. The repeating mechanism is ingenious and amazingly machined. Like you said very few made. They may be held down by its prolific brother? I truly think this is a more interesting and better made pistol than the Tell 3 and not that many more made. But the Tell 3 continues to live in the myth of only 50 made!
    Last edited by 45flint; 24-05-2022 at 04:35 PM.

A Webley Mk 1 rifle went for a cooler £350 hammer. A different kind of "Ouch!"...

Quote Originally Posted by Epicyclic View Post
    A Webley Mk 1 rifle went for a cooler £350 hammer. A different kind of "Ouch!"...
    I’ll have as many as they are selling at that price
    Morally flawed

28r

28R is the only pistol missing from my wish list. However I wasn't prepared to bid on that one. Very tatty and sold for insane money.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    I’ll have as many as they are selling at that price
    When you add the fees of 36% if you bid through the sale room, and the description saying split in stock and pitting on the barrel. maybe not such a good buy. but still a much better buy than the Haenel 28r which was stupid money.

A refinished one sold for €3000 on egun recently.

Don’t think I’ll be getting one anytime soon unfortunately