Thread: Walther LP Mod3 parts

Walther LP Mod3 parts

Morning all.
    Am I onto a loser straight away with this one as parts seem to be as common as unicorn eggs?
    I know I can get piston and valve seals but mine was totally unadulterated so still had the the original piston and seal with the latter having turned to cheese, detached 80% of itself and took up residence in the top of the cylinder, so a new piston would be on the cards from my research so far. Also gonna need a set of grips/scales and part of the cocking/trigger linkage too.

Gotta admit I picked it up on a whim really just cos it looked really interesting, well made and a potential doer-upper for a bit of plinking or the odd 10m round if good enough. With this in mind I’m not looking to spend loads on getting it back on form as I have other projects I’d rather put my resources into.

I think I know the answer to this already but do parts come up for these often at all? I’ve spent a little time googling and searching ( sold/completed ) etc’ and it seems not really but maybe I’m just not looking in the right places????

Any enlightenment would be more than welcome.

Tia.
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

It's the same with most things, spares do pop up from time to time and it's about getting people to know you want particular bits. I think Lawrie is well known on here for repairing these, he may have ideas for parts... Protek has had some bits also, maybe worth checking or adding your name to a list!

Lawrie Amatruda on this forum is the man to ask, and as said above, Protek are about the only source of parts for these pistols as and when they are available.
    There are one or two others on this forum who are well able to tinker with these pistols, but I doubt they would be a source for spares, although you never know.

A possible source for some parts is John Groenewold in the US: https://www.jgairguns.biz/lp3-c-78_344_345/

He shows several grip types, and he may have other parts not listed - could be worth contacting John.

Don R.

Thanks for the replies chaps, links and potential sources are much appreciated and I’ll look into the info supplied soon as I get a chance. Looks like it’ll be a bit of a challenge to get the required bits tho. Ahh well, time will tell eh……
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sh...LP3::4603.html

I'm just about to order some bits if you wanted to add it on...

Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sh...LP3::4603.html

I'm just about to order some bits if you wanted to add it on...

Steve.
    I’ve not finished working out exactly what I’d need yet but Thankyou very much for the kind offer.