Thread: Fitting a Rekord trigger to non HW

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I wonder how easy it would be to fit a CD/Rekord unit into a Mercury/Airsporter trigger block?

Pete
    I'm sure I've read of someone already doing that, Pete.

The biggest problem I can see is that the BSA latchrod is 5/16" in diameter and the Weihrauch's is @ 9.75mm.
    The other problem (being serious) is does a Mercury or Airsporter warrant all the work to fit a decent trigger ?

All the best Mick

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I'm sure I've read of someone already doing that, Pete.

The biggest problem I can see is that the BSA latchrod is 5/16" in diameter and the Weihrauch's is @ 9.75mm.
    The other problem (being serious) is does a Mercury or Airsporter warrant all the work to fit a decent trigger ?

All the best Mick
    I totally agree with you Mick, I suppose if I had a well sorted highly customised Mercury, it might warrant such a conversion but I don't know what one would be like with nicely honed and fettled sears etc, I cleaned and polished up a Merc S trigger block once and done the same with the alloy trigger blade and it was surprising how nice and smooth just using the trigger was afterwards, I might have to experiment one day (when I get the time) and smooth out all the pivot points and polish up everything and see what that does.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I totally agree with you Mick, I suppose if I had a well sorted highly customised Mercury, it might warrant such a conversion but I don't know what one would be like with nicely honed and fettled sears etc, I cleaned and polished up a Merc S trigger block once and done the same with the alloy trigger blade and it was surprising how nice and smooth just using the trigger was afterwards, I might have to experiment one day (when I get the time) and smooth out all the pivot points and polish up everything and see what that does.

Pete
    Hi Pete.

I took a long hard look at fitting a Rekord to a Mercury last night and came to the conclusion it was a none starter.
    If you tried to fit the Rekord to the Mercury back block the top sear would have to poke out the top of the block and you'd also lose the ability to use the stock bolt.
    If you tried to fit a Weihrauch back block you'd have to start with a 30mm bore one (35/77/80/97) build the block threads up with weld, and then turn it all down to the Mercury cylinder's OD.
    Then you'd have to machine it to fit the Mercury cylinder plug, and you'd also lose the ability of using the stock bolt with this setup --- so it looks to be a bit of a none starter.

All the best Mick

I have successfully mounted a rekord trigger system on a diana 27.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Years ago i had a Mercury (new in 74) I stoned the trigger surfaces carefully & it was really good, simple but effective, I couldnt fault it & it was my go to hunting rifle for a few years.