Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fitting a Rekord trigger to non HW

Fitting a Rekord trigger to non HW

Theres a thread running at the moment where a couple of Webley mk 111 air rifles have had a Rekord trigger unit fitted to them, but does anyone know of any other non HW air rifles that have been fitted with one? Obviously it is not a drop in conversion but what problems or issues are there for these conversions or to non Webley ones?

I’ve fitted one to a B2. The key thing is the piston must be a centre rod latching type, as the HW’s are. Secondly the positional relationship between the sear and trigger needs to be reasonably close so the trigger locates in the original slot in the stock.

I’ve no idea what work is needed to modify a Webley mk III, but the B2 needed a completely new back block making. I do have a Webley Falcon I also toyed with idea of modifying. The original back block possibly could be butchered, but for the amount of work I’d prefer to make a new one.

Cheers
    Greg

From memory, Edbear fitted an AirArms CD trigger cassette to a BSA underlever.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreg View Post
    I’ve fitted one to a B2. The key thing is the piston must be a centre rod latching type, as the HW’s are. Secondly the positional relationship between the sear and trigger needs to be reasonably close so the trigger locates in the original slot in the stock.

I’ve no idea what work is needed to modify a Webley mk III, but the B2 needed a completely new back block making. I do have a Webley Falcon I also toyed with idea of modifying. The original back block possibly could be butchered, but for the amount of work I’d prefer to make a new one.

Cheers
    Greg
    Hi Greg.

I looked at fitting a Rekord to a B2 and thought that it could be an easy job if I used the back block out of a HW99.
    I could simply machine the block down from 26mm to 25.4mm (?) and hold it with the rear stock lug like a Feinwerkbau sport or TX200 --- it would make life easy.

All the best Mick

There’s an FWB Sport with a Rekord in it somewhere.

Sounds an interesting conversion, popping a Rekord unit in a centre latching design..... I know it's generally frowned on to modify a 'classic' but it sounds like it could be worth thinking about. How about putting one into a BSA standard or CS, might have a look at that as a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    How about putting one into a BSA standard or CS, might have a look at that as a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    From memory, Edbear fitted an AirArms CD trigger cassette to a BSA underlever.
    Already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    There’s an FWB Sport with a Rekord in it somewhere.
    I think Rustybuzz sold it on here if you want to try to find it.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Already been done.
    I don't mind not being original, least I know it's 'do able', & if I can get a spare block I might be able to return it to it's as made state if I don't muller the original one. The standard triggers can be set up quite nicely but this might be a good little project to have a play with.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thank you for the links to those really interesting sections of the vintage gallery. Food for thought.

That last link is full of drool-worthy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    That last link is full of drool-worthy things.
    Yes, & a couple of unusual designs too.........that one with the open wooden trigger guard looks , well, .looks different

Why would you go to the trouble of fitting one to another makers air rifle, when you can get the wonderful HW35 fitted with one as standard. Or the 77, 80, 95 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Why would you go to the trouble of fitting one to another makers air rifle, when you can get the wonderful HW35 fitted with one as standard. Or the 77, 80, 95 etc.
    That's a fair question, it would be a quicker easier option if getting a rifle with a Rekord trigger was the only consideration; but if it isn't then other aspects might come into it. Theres the challenge of problem solving, engineering sequencing, materials choice etc. Then at the start there is a choice of what model you might wish modify, is it actually feasible or not , what do you need to take into consideration to get it to work, what's the best way to go about it & for some that might be a rewarding process but I fully accept that route might not suit everyone. Maybe it's a bit like when you could buy hi fi separates, you chose a deck that you liked, then an amp from another maker, perhaps speakers from a third maker when you could have got something off the shelf straight away. Maybe that's not a good analogy, but if you cant get the combination of features you want in something off the shelf what's the alternative. I like tinkering, but maybe this sort oif thing is tinkering on a bigger scale, but I can see the appeal.