Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
Thanks for going to the trouble of doing this, but you have confirmed my thoughts. They don't work!
I was getting 7mm Centre to centre 5 shot groups at 40 yards with .177 in wind last night trying a new barrel on my Steyr with JSB made from good old lead.

I have seen Gary Chillingworth testing .177 on you tube, and they are terrible at any real distance, totally useless for hunting or targets.
I will have a chat to him next time I see him and see if there are any new possibilities on the horizon.

I personally dont think they will be able to make lead free happen, even if they try and ban the sale of it.
The good thing is that BASC seem to be changing their tune a bit after it has come out about the evidence given in the EU is flawed.
They have stated in their latest news that they will fight to ensure lead is not banned where alternatives are not available. Who knows with the clowns in Westminster though.
Has to be said Gary's test on the tube was largely pointless because he was chasing the POA around the target which is a schoolboy error pick an aim point & stick with it,
Unless of course he was deliberately trying to make them look worse than they actually are

The BASC has always had the position that until there's an accurate alternative lead cannot be banned, but some people seemed to expect them to fight against any change