Thread: Webley Omega strip

Webley Omega strip

Finally managed to get a nice example and would like to give a good degunge and relube. I'm sure I can muddle through taking it apart but wondered, does anyone have a copy of a strip guide please, also for the older members, I seem to recall a modification to the trigger that was covered in the original "sporting air rifle" by our very own Jim Tyler

Many thanks, Pete
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Very well done on your quest.

I haven't ever worked on one myself so can't help. Sorry. But I'm sure plenty of nice, helpful and knowledgeable people will be along to help and advise.

Is there anything on these in the Guide to Classics Strips in the Collectables section?

Have fun and enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Sorry .. I don't think the Idiots Guide did the Omega.
    I have, however, sent various documents on strip and trigger from my files to your e mail. They should help.

Cheers, Phil

Bulmer strip of the Omega from 2004.

Hope this helps.

Thanks all for the replies, very helpful, mostly apart now although the barrel hinge pin is tight so having an overnight soak. As an added bonus the deal included an Optima 3-9x56

Excellent. Hope all goes well with the build.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I made a pdf of the trigger strip a few years ago.. it's the same as a theoben scirocco
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi...B0bko2SzA/view
    Donald

I recently acquired a Webley omega and it needed a strip down as it was all gummed up, the barrel hinge bolt wasn’t turning so I applied a little heat and it came free.
    I had to strip the trigger out(took a few photos for reference later on) to remove the piston.

All the research I did on the omega trigger I found nothing on any trigger mods.

The omega is a great gun and could have being a serious threat to weihrauchs grip but the trigger let it down.

Nice to own a piece of British airgun history.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I made a pdf of the trigger strip a few years ago.. it's the same as a theoben scirocco
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi...B0bko2SzA/view
    I was going to take a look but link says doesn't exist
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post

All the research I did on the omega trigger I found nothing on any trigger mods.
    It was an article by Jim Tyler in "Sporting air rifle", many years ago, iirc material was removed from the back of the blade, if I'm perfectly honest I can't recall the reason why, but I'm remembering an article I read in my teens