Thread: Walther LP500 Expert

Walther LP500 Expert

I’m about to stump up a lot of money for a Walther PL500 Expert, specifically a Blue Angel version. Are there any opinions here on this pistol, and what it’s closest rivals are Steyr LP10, Pardoni K10, …?)? Thanks.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    All good quality match pistols are capable of single hole groups at 10 metres from a bench vice.

The pistol which is best for you is one that feels right in terms of grip, balance, reach to trigger and comfort while taking aim.

Try as many of your possible purchases before committing to an investment.

I've found the Pardini K12 suits me especially with a Rink grip - I've shot SAM K11, Morini 162EI in normal and compact versions, Steyr LP2 , LP10 both standard and compact, FWB 44 and Benelli Kite.

Good luck and good shooting.
    ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

As Mike has said almost any 10m pistol produced in the last 30 years will shoot pellet on pellet at 10m, the difference is in how they feel for you and what might work for me (Walther CP201, as your asking) will probably not work for you, I’ve even found that even pistols from the same series (Steyr lp) can feel markedly different. So see if you can try before you buy, your looking for a feel that you can forget while you concentrate on the sights, if you have to keep thinking “is my grip ok” then you will not shoot your best, you can’t! Good luck and good shooting.

My 10m days are behind me, having left the flock to enjoy the more sociable HFT at club level and general plinking, but IMHO one that should be tried once you've been through the whole shopping list of match air pistols is the FWBP8X

https://www.nsrashop.co.uk/products/...rget-air-rifle

If you ever as a kid formed two fingers and your hand into a pistol shape, pointed it at something and made pew pew noises you would never miss your target.... honestly, get the correct grip size, and that is what it feels like to pick up the P8X

Without getting a bunch of pistols on a bench and measuring them for proof I am convinced the bore line is the lowest of anything out there, sight line is lowest to bore line, and it feels lighter (but not flighty) and more composed in the aim

Only had a chance to have a few taster shots at 5m, but even with the standard trigger weight and length of pull being a touch heavier and longer than preferred it 'felt' way better than my previous long term Steyr Evo 10E, and on a different planet to the cheaper pistols I had once the 10E went

As has been said, clamp any modern match pistol into a vice and at 10m they will produce a raggedy single hole shot after shot (I had a Gamo Compact that proved this theory, even with having to ensure it was realigned in vice, and vice on bench after reloading) - if how the pistol 'feels' is what makes the difference then the P8X definitely warrants being put on your shortlist
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)