Thread: In England you can’t even mail vintage Pellet boxes and tins to the US?

In England you can’t even mail vintage Pellet boxes and tins to the US?

Seems to be the case on UK Bay?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Seems to be the case on UK Bay?
    I have sent vintage pellets to the USA recently with no problem. All you have to do is put the correct information on the customs declaration form.
    It must be just ignorance of the rules or a personal reluctance to post abroad on the part of the seller.

John

If its through international selling and handled by then any airgunparts or bits wont get through, even springs.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by gunshop View Post
    If its through international selling and handled by then any airgunparts or bits wont get through, even springs.
    Interesting what you say. I must admit that when I have sent pellets I have not specified them as a sales item. I had not appreciated there was any such distinction.

I've bought from the U.S. but in recent years, many sellers either can't or won't post to the U.K.

Much to his credit, one on t'bay tried but bay policies frustrated all his efforts even though he wanted to send them to me.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I've had this issue on the auction site posting here. The seller can reslist it as just an empty tin and not listed in an air rifle category.

Which pellets are you trying to buy, Steve?

Didn't you have a box of Adders? They would go nicely with your WR HPs.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Which pellets are you trying to buy, Steve?

Didn't you have a box of Adders? They would go nicely with your WR HPs.
    Yes have the Adders in there now but they are 22 cal and the pistol is .177. Yes I need therapy!

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Yes have the Adders in there now but they are 22 cal and the pistol is .177. Yes I need therapy!
    Oh, sorry, they're no good then.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I have been pretty successful in getting vintage pellets from the bay UK and other British websites. Though there write-up states they do no ship to the United States, if you I contact them, they seem receptive to send them over the pond. One of my last acquisitions they sent the package on 10th January using Royal Mail International Economy postage and I received it on the 19th January. Believe the customs documents read "vintage lead pellets". Since 2019 I have bought 5 pieces that were sent directly to me with no issues.

Are we looking at two different methods here, either through Eb@y or privately.
    I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem sending items on a personal level, and as JG says, make sure the customs form is correctly filled in.

I have been pretty successful in getting vintage pellets from the bay UK and other British websites.
    Believe that I have got double that number in pellet containers if you count dealings directly with individuals/collectors. Again properly filling out the custom forms.

Feeling lucky in the USA.
    Bruce Jr.