Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on filling a empty gun off divers tank

Now I am getting worried.

I am not sure but I think the PH6 does not have a pressure gauge?

If it does not and you have connected the rifle to your air tank and opened the air tank valve fully (260bar on the tank guage) then the rifle may well be charged to 260 bar. This is far too high for a PH6 and will lead to the exhaust valve sticking such that no air is shot out when the trigger is fired.
    But: When the tank guage said 260 bar, did you then close the tank valve so that no more air could come out?
    Did you then open the bleed valve on the line connecting the tank to the rifle? There should have been a rapid (less than or about a second) but short hiss as the line loses air.
    If the hiss continues for a longer time, a few seconds and decreases in sound volume, then it is likely that the inlet valve on the rifle is faulty and all the air in the rifle cylinder is coming out.
    Make sure valve on tank is shut. When all air is out of the line, disconnect line from rifle. Will it fire (not loaded)? If it is clearly empty then this confirms a rifle valve issue. If it fires but with a much quieter phut then it is likely there is air in the rifle cylinder at too high a pressure. Keep dry firing to expel more air .. the amount of air being shot out should increase as the air pressure in the cylinder goes down. If the rifle was indeed charged to 260 bar (your tank pressure) then it may take over 60-80 firings to reduce the pressure to a pressure that begins to be normal.

Cheers, Phil

I agree Phil,
    I'm now starting to think it's already been filled to 260bar but I sent WILBA a PM earlier & he's going to dry fire/shoot it down to empty & start again from scratch.

Ph6 se

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Looking for advice here chaps. Went in gun cabinate today to wipe down and fire a few pellets through my b&m bullpup daystate ph6 to find the gun was empty so seal gone or slow leak most likely. Tried filling and heared a hiss near block. Cocked gun and it took air but not showing gun pressure on divers tank reg. Gauge working when filling and showing tank pressure. Now i was to shit to carry on filling the gun as not knowing the pressure worred me. Gun cocked and dry fired so air was enough to stay in gun so guessing there must be at least 100bar to keep the guns fill valve closed. Any idears as i dont have a hand pump as back up as that could have been a safer way to check the gun pressure than trying the tank again. And a springer guy mostly so not as clued up on tank reg problems as others on here. Just dont want to risk a bad accident over filling the gun as you can understand. And ideas or answers id be most greatful chris
    I had the same problem with my PH6.
    I collect rather than shoot often.
    So when I went to it I found it had no air.
    It had been recently professionally resealed but wouldn't refill from my tank.
    The cure was to open and close, open and close quite quickly until the rifle started to fill.
    It worked for me.
    Not an uncommon problem with the PH6 I believe.
    I now check that all my pcps are full of air by testing every 6 months or so.
    Apologies if anyone has already suggested this cure.
    costalot

Update. Ok so followed angry bears advice and all now is ok. It took a good few short and sharp blasts of air to get the ph6's fill valve to open. But now the gun is filled to 160bar and seems to be holding air ok why it dumped its air is a mystery so just maybe a very slow leak somewhere. Thanks all for the advise, education and support. Chris.

Glad it worked out OK, I was a bit concerned that you had managed to over fill the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Glad it worked out OK, I was a bit concerned that you had managed to over fill the first time.
    Well i think as you had mentioned in your replies the rifle fill valve was sticking so it was the whip pressure i was seeing. Thanks so much for your help. Nice to keep leaning even at my age. Chris