Thread: Never seen one like this before.

Never seen one like this before.

For all the pre-war BSA boys, here is an unusual one.....

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...c4178e7be1f4cc

Maybe this was Westley Richards solution to fitting a match grade trigger onto a Club Standard ?? The "Record Trigger" of its day ?

Always something new to see..

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    For all the pre-war BSA boys, here is an unusual one.....

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...c4178e7be1f4cc

Maybe this was Westley Richards solution to fitting a match grade trigger onto a Club Standard ?? The "Record Trigger" of its day ?

Always something new to see..
    Never seen anything like that on any gun, it would be nice if they had shown the other side as well.

I like that, if Bedford wasn’t such a run out I’d consider bidding on that.

very nice

If anyone on here buys this, please let me have detailed pics for the gallery...

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....uns/#post-7252
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Anyone know what this sold for in the end?
    It looked very interesting.

Cheers,
    Matt

Hi Matt, just been on there it was £230 hammer price. they put up some photos of the other side of the trigger block after l ask them if they could send me some photos of it. never seen so many screws.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi Matt, just been on there it was £230 hammer price. they put up some photos of the other side of the trigger block after l ask them if they could send me some photos of it. never seen so many screws.
    Thanks,
    So that’s about £280 ish. Maybe not a bad price, although I couldn’t find anything about a ‘Richards’ trigger.
    I’d have thought if it was Westley Richards they would have put a ‘W’ stamp.

I was thrown by the dovetail on the top, maybe was a slightly later mod than the rifle itself.
    What did you think?

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Thanks,
    So that’s about £280 ish. Maybe not a bad price, although I couldn’t find anything about a ‘Richards’ trigger.
    I’d have thought if it was Westley Richards they would have put a ‘W’ stamp.

I was thrown by the dovetail on the top, maybe was a slightly later mod than the rifle itself.
    What did you think?

Cheers,
    Matt
    Hi Matt, yes the dovetails throw me out as well, judging by all the adjusting screws l think that it was a atempt by someone maybe useing a original Richards trigger block, being that it as what l think is a se/no stamped on it, to make an improved trigger for what ever reason. strange that the counter sinking to the screws is done tapered unlike other guns. hopefully someone on here bought it and can update us with some more info. l also don't think it was made by Westley Richards.

ATB
    Mick

Why would Westley Richards mess about making upgrade parts for another manufacturer when their one and only incursion into the air gun market was a pistol? There was also a gunmaker in Liverpool called Richards.
    I think the trigger was upgraded at the time when bell target shooting was immensely popular and the dovetail was added to enable fitting an upgraded rear sight or an early diopter style rear sight. The gun itself appears to date from around the 1st WW era when BSA would have been market leaders in the manufacture of quality air rifles for bell target shooting