Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1980's airguns

1980's airguns

I'm in my mid fifties and have been airgunning since early teens.

I shoot with 2 Air Arms PCP's now.

I have a Weihrauch HW77...1983 model...177 ....bought new....fair condition

An Air Arms Mistral.....believe 1985......22......bought second hand around 1990, I fitted Theoben Gas Ram....Good to VGC condition....Hunter 4x40 wide angle scope.

Webley Omega.......bought new, in 1987, I think.....177.....Tasco 4x32 scope....good condition

BSA Cadet....177...slightly untidy....no idea of age.

Any idea on valuations?

welcome to the bbs some nice guns you have there

A friend recommended the site.

I'm thinking of selling the 4 old springers I have, as they just lay in a box now. They've not been used in years and someone might get better use out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyH View Post
    A friend recommended the site.

I'm thinking of selling the 4 old springers I have, as they just lay in a box now. They've not been used in years and someone might get better use out of them.
    Hello and welcome some good old school stuff there im sure there is a following still for the oldies --but also as a new member this is not a place to use as sales only platform as im sure your not -you can pick up some good unwanted stuff from other members and the same as you offering your old and unwanted shooting gear --im sure you will be able to advise and give shooting tips to the members if needed welcome on board

Absolutley, if anybody wants to ask anything, fire away.

Was out ratting last night with my S200 and Pard NV007V, dropped a good few rats and a rabbit, for good measure.

My shooting mate had the good fortune of seeing an owl pick up one of the rats, eveyones a winner.

The reason I mentioned the old springers is not purely about sales, it's the fact they are lying in a box doing nothing and someone might be looking for one

of those models in particular, and give them some action.

When I was younger I had various guns mounted on my wall, couldn't do that now in Scotland, without infringing, god knows, how many laws!!

Springers

Welcome to the BBS.

Weihrauch HW77 - £185
    Omega - £200

Maybe a little more with some pics to help judge condition. Can't help with the AA or BSA but more knowledgeable members will be able to help.
    Mach 1.5

The HW77 in .177 is worth £225 to £275 depending on condition. .177s were rarer.

77 around 250
    K’s more popular - old 25mm like yours more sort after

Tasco scope - a Jap AG can fetch 80 quid

177 Omega - around 175 - not especially sought after in 177 as barrels not as good as in 22

Gas rammed anything - less than if left original, regardless of quality of shooting due to widespread prejudice
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Welcome to the forum, Kenny.

A great place to get to know like-minded, friendly and knowledgeable people.

Prices and observations maybe as above. As others have said, photos and more detail would further assist.

I'm guessing the rammer Mistral might command in the region of £250 if it is nice and shooting nicely.

Cadets, as far as I'm aware, haven't started making the big money yet, so maybe £60 to £100, depending on that vital condition?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks for the repiles.

First time I've been on any forum, so when I figure things out I'll put up pictures.

The HW77 has a rust blemish/spot the size of your thumb nail on the under lever, I also cut it back 15mm or so to move the foresight back, so I could fit a silencer.
    The ball bearing that locates ( if it was a ball bearing? can't remember ) the under lever is missing as well but a replacement lever and foresight would remedy this.
    I sanded the stock back as well so I'd imagine she'll be at the lower end of the value scale. I stripped it down the other night for the first time in over 30 years and was amazed at how easy it was. I'm sure she has an old ox spring! Other than mentioned she cycles and fires no problem. A tune up and new spring and washer and it will be back to good as. It's a great credit to Weihrauch to how good these guns are. When she goes it won't be about top coin, it will hopefully be to someone who wants it.

Interesting comments on the Tasco scope and the gas ram.

Hopefully pics to follow.

Welcome to the BBS. You have some nice classics there.

A gas rammed Mistral would be valued at less than one in original spec. If the open sights are present, the rife would be more desirable than if they have been removed and lost.

You really need to supply some hi res pictures to help with valuation.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Springers

Tesco did a fair few 4 x 32's back in the day so price depends on the model it is. Mach 1.5

Thanks for the extra information on the 77. I know that at one time HW did use 'square section' springs for a while but was not aware they were fitted to the early 77 like yours. I have a 'MK2' 77k that came with a round section spring.
    With regard to price, my feeling is that, sadly, your 77 will not fetch as much as an unaltered one. Maximum of £120 in its current state and possibly less if you take into account the need for a new underlever ... can you get that model u/l now? I note Chambers have the MK3 u/l new at about £83 but do not know if this would fit your model. Maybe a search of various auctions etc would find one eventually. Of course if someone is happy to accept the modifications then you might get a higher price.
    Sorry to let you down like this but these thoughts reflect my own reasoning and, of course, many may not agree with me.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by KennyH View Post
    I'm in my mid fifties and have been airgunning since early teens.

I shoot with 2 Air Arms PCP's now.

I have a Weihrauch HW77...1983 model...177 ....bought new....fair condition

An Air Arms Mistral.....believe 1985......22......bought second hand around 1990, I fitted Theoben Gas Ram....Good to VGC condition....Hunter 4x40 wide angle scope.

Webley Omega.......bought new, in 1987, I think.....177.....Tasco 4x32 scope....good condition

BSA Cadet....177...slightly untidy....no idea of age.

Any idea on valuations?
    I've sold quite a few out of mine lately from the 80s and all seem to be between the £200/£250 price range, Myself I think some were worth a little more but hey they only worth what they sell for , Unfortunately lots of strange folk about and lots of messers so it can seem a bit daunting without a good sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    177 Omega - around 175 - not especially sought after in 177 as barrels not as good as in 22
    I'm curious where you get that from. I have a .177 Omega and the barrel appears to be extemely good, both on examination and in terms of it's accuracy?