Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1980's airguns

Hw77

Weihrauch used square section springs in the MK2 97K, so late 90's. If you find one in a 77 then it's been put there by an owner during it's life. I once brought one with one fitted and it was 38 coils..no wonder it was coil bound. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 04-06-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    I'm curious where you get that from. I have a .177 Omega and the barrel appears to be extemely good, both on examination and in terms of it's accuracy?
    I should advertise yours for sale then for top wack - UK Webley made 177 shoots well 😉

Webley started buying in Walther Barrels for (forthcoming) Longbow during Tomohawk production timeframe so people would take them a bit more seriously / maybe compete with HW
    It’s pretty well known - I’ve never had a good UK 177 Webley and I’ve tried a few

It’s all relative - and since Webley the market if full of cheap Chinese Turkish Brazilian rifles, maybe UK Webleys in 177 look good now by comparison - I honestly wouldn’t know.

I do have a Chinese barreled Diana that shoots great 👍
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

I'm curious where you get that from. I have a .177 Omega and the barrel appears to be extemely good, both on examination and in terms of it's accuracy?
    The .177 mk3 Vulcan I have is quite accurate, but it needed a somewhat weaker spring to shoot well.
    May come down to .22's more forgiving as to spring setup?
    Too many airguns!

I used to own a .177 Omega Carbine and that grouped very nicely with no barrel related accuracy issues.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I've had and still have a variety of Webley rifles in .177 which all shot well. They may have other issues which are well known, but it isn't the barrels.

If, as you say, "It's pretty well known", it shouldn't be difficult for you to present some real evidence to substantiate the allegation

How do I upload photos on here?, having no luck trying to negotiate it.

I've had and still have a variety of Webley rifles in .177 which all shot well. They may have other issues which are well known, but it isn't the barrels.

If, as you say, "It's pretty well known", it shouldn't be difficult for you to present some real evidence to substantiate the allegation

I stand corrected Webleys in 177 are all great - you should definitely buy more of those
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Webley Omega

Early ones have rifling that start a few mil into the barrel. Find a good long skirt pellet and they are fine. I own 3 and no accuracy problems even with the venom boys chopping the barrels down on them. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I stand corrected Webleys in 177 are all great - you should definitely buy more of those
    Your not being very PC are you PCP

Whats with baiting Webley users with their factory standard .177 barrels

I'll throw the glove down and challenge you with your Chinese Diana barrel ( what cal is this one ? ) against my .177 Webley barrel at HFT distances

Strictly springer mind and a good ol 4x32
    Hw77+7

Welcome.
    Interesting about the Mistral. I have an SE90 which I restored back to spring after it had been converted to gas ram in the late 90,s. I couldnt get on with it with gas ram, spoilt the feel of the gun plus it wouldnt get much above 10 ft lbs.

Twinmaster

I have just bought a FX chrono and I'm hoping to get all the guns out next week to see what they are reading.

I'm expecting low results for the Omega and HW77 as their springs are over 30 years old but it will be interesting to see what the gas ram is reading, mind you that's about 30 years old as well! I expect the Cadet will be less than a pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by KennyH View Post
    Twinmaster

I have just bought a FX chrono and I'm hoping to get all the guns out next week to see what they are reading.

I'm expecting low results for the Omega and HW77 as their springs are over 30 years old but it will be interesting to see what the gas ram is reading, mind you that's about 30 years old as well! I expect the Cadet will be less than a pistol!
    You may be surprised, My 97 was shot for the first time after sleeping for 11 years , 11.4 it was shoiting , Around 8/9 years later again it was on 11.10
    I've had similar results with the webley Express, That's on 11.9 now after sleeping for years, Bought it around 2001 I believe and new and it was on roughly 11.5 from memory.

My 1950s Mk3, 1950s Senior and 80s Hurricane in .177 all shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    You may be surprised, My 97 was shot for the first time after sleeping for 11 years , 11.4 it was shoiting , Around 8/9 years later again it was on 11.10
    I've had similar results with the webley Express, That's on 11.9 now after sleeping for years, Bought it around 2001 I believe and new and it was on roughly 11.5 from memory.

After putting the guns over the FX the results were what I kind of expected after sitting for over 30 years.

Omega was producing 8.5ftlbs......HW77 was 6.3ftlbs......the Mistral was 6.4ftlbs......the old Cadet would hardly spit it out the barrel!

Quote Originally Posted by KennyH View Post
    After putting the guns over the FX the results were what I kind of expected after sitting for over 30 years.

Omega was producing 8.5ftlbs......HW77 was 6.3ftlbs......the Mistral was 6.4ftlbs......the old Cadet would hardly spit it out the barrel!
    Possible lube has dried out ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177