Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: My Mercury Ratting Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod75 View Post
    Hi there t20.
    I know its an old thread but how did the mercury come out in the end?
    Regards
    Jay
    To be perfectly honest, Jay, I haven't touched it since bluing, due to some unforeseen problems.
    After having a covid injection in late October which knocked me about a bit I suddenly realised that the sight had deteriorated in my right eye, so I took myself off to Hospital as I thought I had metal in it.
    It turned out that I have Cataracts in both eyes and a problem with the optic nerve in my right eye.

So I've put tinkering on hold for the time being, and my shooting may be finished permanently.

I have a piston on my bench to modify for a forum member and I'm not even confident enough in my eyesight to machine that just yet, but bear with me and I'll try to get back at it as soon as possible.

All the best Mick

nishijin is offline They dare not speak his name in hushed tones
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    To be perfectly honest, Jay, I haven't touched it since bluing, due to some unforeseen problems.
    After having a covid injection in late October which knocked me about a bit I suddenly realised that the sight had deteriorated in my right eye, so I took myself off to Hospital as I thought I had metal in it.
    It turned out that I have Cataracts in both eyes and a problem with the optic nerve in my right eye.

So I've put tinkering on hold for the time being, and my shooting may be finished permanently.

I have a piston on my bench to modify for a forum member and I'm not even confident enough in my eyesight to machine that just yet, but bear with me and I'll try to get back at it as soon as possible.

All the best Mick

Sorry to hear of your health issues. Jay's thread resurrection really piqued my interest as well.

Oh man.
    I'm really sorry to hear that.
    My mother had cataracts removed a few year ago which luckily was successful but scary for us all none the less.
    Hopefully you'll be shooting/machining fit soon.
    Regards and God speed
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by nishijin View Post
    Sorry to hear of your health issues. Jay's thread resurrection really piqued my interest as well.
    No problem.

Unfortunately, I have a few other things going on in my life just now that need my attention more than my guns, but hopefully I'll get back on them sometime.

All the best Mick

Really sorry to hear of these further issues with your health, Mick.. As a fellow eyesight sufferer I can fully sympathise. Fingers crossed that they can work some magic and improve things for you. I'll give you a ring over the next few days.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

All the best Mick
    Mick,
    Don't go nicking my avatar...

Obviously, I had a cataract operation after the detached retina malarky. It was very starightforward, fully awake, less than 15 minutes per eye (they do one at a time) and they even correct your eyesight with prescription lenses replacing the cataracted lenses. Hope everything gets sorted for you Mick.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod75 View Post
    Oh man.
    I'm really sorry to hear that.
    My mother had cataracts removed a few year ago which luckily was successful but scary for us all none the less.
    Hopefully you'll be shooting/machining fit soon.
    Regards and God speed
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Really sorry to hear of these further issues with your health, Mick.. As a fellow eyesight sufferer I can fully sympathise. Fingers crossed that they can work some magic and improve things for you. I'll give you a ring over the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Mick,
    Don't go nicking my avatar...

Obviously, I had a cataract operation after the detached retina malarky. It was very starightforward, fully awake, less than 15 minutes per eye (they do one at a time) and they even correct your eyesight with prescription lenses replacing the cataracted lenses. Hope everything gets sorted for you Mick.

Mark
    Cheers lads.

Obviously I'd have preferred not to fess up to my problems on open forum but I also felt you lads deserved an explanation on why I'd gone quiet on this one.

All the best Mick

Guid luck wi any treatment you require Mick and for a satisfactory outcome.

I’ve had issues with my right eye since it was damaged in an accident back in 1984.
    Multiple operations over the years including Laser treatment for a detached retina, 2 cataracts including corrective lens insertions, a minuscule valve and pump placement to minimise pressure and a plethora of follow up operations, tweaks and assessments for students as part of their training… I even had recent surgery to remove the wee valve assembly as it was no longer required as my sight in my right eye finally succumbed around 2014.
    However, all that treatment including Hospital admissions and treatment etc in 4 different hospitals, possibly around the best part of 100 occasions/appointments in 30 odd years resulted in almost perfect vision in my right eye for about 30 years; the NHS, particularly in Scotland, as far as I’m concerned has been and is, brilliant.
    but get this…

Not only did I shoot the ‘Quigley Bucket’ at 75 yards back at your June 2017 Bash, with my .22 Relum Tornado with a cheapo, piddly little 4x28 scope, 5 times out of 8 shots, ‘witnessed’ by ThisisDonald and yourself but… I shot it left-handed as I had to switch from my natural right-handed stance due to my right eye being gubbed for the previous 3 years! Maybe that’s an example of a ‘Double-Negative’ becoming a Positive! ����

A’ the Best,
    Graeme ��������
    Last edited by VALE BOY; 07-04-2023 at 10:53 PM.

Blimey! Talk about having gone through it, Graeme. And very well done on emerging at the other end with your spirits and positivity, as ever, so high.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cheers lads.

Obviously I'd have preferred not to fess up to my problems on open forum but I also felt you lads deserved an explanation on why I'd gone quiet on this one.

All the best Mick
    Not a problem, Mick. That's what we're here for on our marvellous caring, sharing forum. And very best wishes for a swift and successful outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Blimey! Talk about having gone through it, Graeme. And very well done on emerging at the other end with your spirits and positivity, as ever, so high.
    Thanks for the acknowledgment Tony and Guid luck to you also with any additional eye treatment you may require. To you and Mick have a braw Easter Weekend. 🐣 😎

Thank you, Graeme. And to you, sir.

Morning Mick, just read your post regarding your health, I wish you all the best and hope you get sorted quick time mate.
    Kind regards Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Papa g View Post
    Morning Mick, just read your post regarding your health, I wish you all the best and hope you get sorted quick time mate.
    Kind regards Graham
    Thankyou Graham.

Though after finding out today that a mate has lost five stones since Christmas and is now having to get around in a Madge chariot after contracting sepsis in his foot has put my problems in perspective for me.

All the best Mick

Hey up Mick sorry to hear of your health situation and hope a speedy resolve.

Curious, after my first AZ jab, within hours I was confined to bed with feverish illness I had never experienced before. No appetite, barely get to the toilet, so weak. Took weeks to get going again, but, my memory appears to decline since and feel fatigued all the time. How could one refuse the hailed miracle drug by the experts at the time? I was a sucker and had the following two boosters, thinking I was just one of the unlucky side-effect category first time around. However, the boosters just gave mild feverish symptoms. It appears that research into reported serious side-effects after the jabs at the time were not encouraged for obvious reasons. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Good luck and hopefully the Mercury will be popping out pellets....

All the best.