Thread: New Millita rifle in I知 betting its a very early FLZ? Interesting stock for sure!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Millita rifle in I知 betting its a very early FLZ? Interesting stock for sure!

I just picked this up, had to have it given its very early characteristics and I think coming from Zella Mehlis? Very curious as to thoughts of time of manufacture and if anyone disagrees with FLZ? I have never seen a Bavarian stock and trigger guard like this on a Millita? I think it shows a very early example I think pre-WW1? If you look at the 1902 Oscar Will catalog in the Gallery many of his guns at the time had these Bavarian characteristics. I don’t think it is from him but they are in the same town and the same influences. The checkering and inletting are very well done. A step up from what we would see later. The letter G below the number on the breech must mean something? Surely not just G for Germany? Its a 25 cal smooth bore so I am assuming this was a dart gun? Did they have 25 cal pellets back then? It does have good compression but it needs a new leather breech seal. Ballistics report later! Lol. Would love any thoughts.

It did clean up pretty well from when I got it but I don’t think I’m going to go any further with the stock? Its patina in some places is black but just looks so right, like a old musket. We will see.

https://imgur.com/a/MYYqjnc
    Last edited by 45flint; 05-06-2022 at 05:50 PM.