Thread: An Etched 1914 BSA Standard

An Etched 1914 BSA Standard

I recently acquired a BSA with a serial number just 200 digits away from my 'old' one that came with an original booklet and spanner. I can't really justify keeping both, so my 'old' one is offered for sale.

This model came after the Improved Model D and was named the Standard. The top of the cylinder was etched differently to the post 1919 BSA Standards and this variant was only made for around a year, so a scarce one. This example is in good order and the etching is still present along with much of the original finish. The rifle has a pleasant aged look with some dings (it is over a century old!) but is certainly well above average. This actual rifle can be seen featured in The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle as it was used to help illustrate the chapter on the pre WW1 Standard. It has a retailer's stamp and is also mentioned in the chapter on Retailers in the book.

All parts are original and the sights adjust as they should. An accurate performer downrange with a very light trigger. £395 or can post by PF48 for an additional £15 at buyer's risk (rifle will be packed securely). Reserved for a member for a Kempton meet up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3yTBANkJUpwPh5UE9

Thanks for looking.

John
    Last edited by Josie & John; 11-06-2022 at 10:40 AM.
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Regarding An Etched 1914 BSA Standard

Hi John,
    I would be interested in your rifle, if it is still available and I can work out how to private message you.
    Regards Tim

Thank you Tim.

The BSA is reserved for you as per our PM exchange.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Some provenance that!

In the best BSA book ever and sold by the author.

Yes I`ve just looked it up.
    Bit of a novelty seeing the actual gun you`ve bought in a reference book!
    Regards,
    Tim.