No doubt there are better scopes. But then, it really depends on how you interpret 'better'. No point having a 24x when I shoot over a limited range, no need for low dusk performance or illumination when I am already in bed, and no point for mil dots when I am still processing in inches.

I am well pleased and content with the performance and the price of these 1.5-5x20mm scopes. Age in itself is not a measure of performance, and performance is subjective to what you do and expect from it. There is the argument a new Weihrauch must be better than an old Weihrauch subject to laser etching, quality of the metal used and deepness of the blueing with a light fast growing piece of timber!

They do a great job and looks even better on a period rifle so there is still a place for these. A modern Hawkes just look and feel a little wrong on a 90's gun, and visa versa.

I certainly have a soft spot for these little gems. So much so, I have 6 of these (the latest bought last week off here) and they are mounted on Falcons FN8's, FN12's and on a BSA Ultra JSR. Should I need a low mag small scope, these are my go to scopes. I am home from home knowing what to expect from these.