Thread: Walther LP53 help wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Any decent gunsmith should be able to whiz one of those up on the lathe, or if not a gunsmith a small engineering shop.
    The threads will be metric I assume.

I did think about making one myself but it's just too much hard work. Regarding anyone else making one for me, the price would be prohibitive and might not be as successful as a proprietary unit anyway. Long since gone are the days for me when I could get one knocked up at work whilst I waited for it.

Vic Thompson.

Fresh ideas on the matter appreciated and particularly pointing me in the right direction to at least borrow one if not actually buy one. I myself don't have any real ideas left now as to where I might pick one up from.

Vic Thompson.

Vic,

You know that one of the Weihrauch sights will fit the LP53.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ct2...ew?usp=sharing

Steve

Thanks for the reply to my listing Steve, ideas regarding the rear sight get me half way there, but I'm still pretty stuck as regards getting a cylinder end cap. It's the usual problem for me, every time I come to look for a spare part (or two) to finish a particular job off, they're never available but quite often I come across things that I wanted ages ago but couldn't find at the time.

Vic Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Thanks for the reply to my listing Steve, ideas regarding the rear sight get me half way there, but I'm still pretty stuck as regards getting a cylinder end cap. It's the usual problem for me, every time I come to look for a spare part (or two) to finish a particular job off, they're never available but quite often I come across things that I wanted ages ago but couldn't find at the time.

Vic Thompson
    Sods law says:
    When you've given up and ordered a new one at prohibitive cost you will trip over a secondhand one for pennies or find the one you thought you'd lost sat on the bench under something else...

Just a note though, Diana Miod 5 end caps are totally different to the Walther LP53 so no use trying to find one of them to fit, they won't!
    Sorry I can't be more help, could possibly make one if I knew the sizes but I would have to charge and it'd be a long time before it gets to the front of the queue.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!