Thread: Sharp Innova problem

Sharp Innova problem

I’m having a problem with a Sharp Innova, it fires automatically occasionally after 4 or 5 pumps, I have done all the seals, I have tried fitting a stronger spring under the trigger block, my thinking there was that it may not have been resetting itself after firing, that did seem to cure it for a while but it has started doing it again.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers, Lawrie.

Quick question, do Innovas use a blow open type of valve like the Crosman 1400 & 140? Its just that I read somewhere these can go off sometimes while being pumped up. Guess it's all that clanking about causing something that's a bit worn or not fully engaged being dislodged. Think sticking or poorly set quad seals might gave been blamed or at least implicated too.?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    is there wear to the rear plate with the hole in it, effectively guiding the valve pin towards the hole ? or is the plate not sitting square to the pin ? Only way the pin can release is though that hole in the plate...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Is it a block sear or L sear? The later L sears can be more problematic. Polishing them up and the hole for the firing pin can help.

possibly a pin issue i've had it before where a pin that won't reset (no signs of wear or damage)is swapped for another it worked fine and the faulty pin worked fine in the gun i removed the replacemant pin from

sharp,

either the block, block plate "depending when it was made" or pin will have wear. maybe all 3 could have wear , as pressure builds it forces the pin past what should be 90* sharp edges, and pop it dumps its air !!

Quote Originally Posted by gc93 View Post
    either the block, block plate "depending when it was made" or pin will have wear. maybe all 3 could have wear , as pressure builds it forces the pin past what should be 90* sharp edges, and pop it dumps its air !!
    I sorted it yesterday, it was wear on the pin, the edges were rounded, so squared it so that the edges were nice and sharp, now works perfect, thanks for everyone’s input.

Cheers, Lawrie.