Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indecision costs...

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....

Indecision costs...

Having recently started to 'get back into' air rifles, I was thinking the other about finally getting around to buying a long lusted after rifle, the ProSport. Off I popped to look online and promptly fell on the floor... £830 for a new one with walnut stock!!

Now, I know they've always been a premium springer and I also get that stuff goes up in price but chuffin eck, over 800 quid for a springer? It seems my indecision over the years has cost me, as there's no way I'm paying that much for one.

On another note, my indecision smacked me in the chops again tonight. Some will know I started out on here with the name Hellequin but changed it a couple of years back to BarnsleyBob (an old nickname from my army days) and I also used to have a tag of 'ello'ello'ello under my username.

Well tonight I asked the ever helpful Dave of the admin team to change me back to Hellequin. He kindly did so and also added a new tag under it... Cheers Dave, that'll teach me to make my mind up! 🤦 🤣
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    You're welcome squire.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

So, will your quest for a nice, pre-loved one commence now or are we going to look for an alternative?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

PaulH is offline A hunky chunk ball of baldy luuuuurve.
    I've just picked up a nice 2nd hand one from BAR in a blue laminate stock, it may be worth looking at the 2nd hand market

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    So, will your quest for a nice, pre-loved one commence now or are we going to look for an alternative?
    I'll likely go 2nd hand Tony, it's an itch I think I have to scratch. That said, I'm picking up a lovely old Sirocco Countryman Carbine on Friday and a nice looking Vulcan mk3 on Saturday, so they'll keep me occupied for a bit.

Really fancy a little HW30 too though, just for the garden plinking range.

Now we're back settled in England maybe I'll finally get around to one of those bash things that you keep going on about...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

I know it's a fair distance for you but Kempton Arms Fair is on this coming Sunday (26 June) and there are usually thousands of pre loved vintage and more recent airguns for sale there.

Might be worth considering a trip down, especially if a few mates car share?

Best of luck with your search.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I had a prosport in the walnut stock. I was disappointed to be honest. Very hold sensitive, crappy engineered underlever. In fact the underlever was why i sold it as i found my tx more comfortable to cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I know it's a fair distance for you but Kempton Arms Fair is on this coming Sunday (26 June) and there are usually thousands of pre loved vintage and more recent airguns for sale there.

Might be worth considering a trip down, especially if a few mates car share?

Best of luck with your search.

John
    Thanks John. Ordinarily I'd have been up for that but we've visits to family planned. My one concession is picking up that old Vulcan mk3 I've bought on here 😁

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I had a prosport in the walnut stock. I was disappointed to be honest. Very hold sensitive, crappy engineered underlever. In fact the underlever was why i sold it as i found my tx more comfortable to cock.
    I have to admit I've heard similar tales numerous times and folk often say the standard TX is better built. That styling of the Prosport is always going to be tempting though, it's just a bit of a looker, isn't it?
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

I'm afraid the Prosport looks would quickly be little consolation for its uncomfortable hold for cocking, and how flimsy the hidden underlever feels!

TX all the way if you are after an underlever with elegant lines, HW97 if you like them chunky

If you are still in the market for a small garden rifle I've just put a HW99 in the for sale section.....
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    Having recently started to 'get back into' air rifles, I was thinking the other about finally getting around to buying a long lusted after rifle, the ProSport. Off I popped to look online and promptly fell on the floor... £830 for a new one with walnut stock!!

Now, I know they've always been a premium springer and I also get that stuff goes up in price but chuffin eck, over 800 quid for a springer? It seems my indecision over the years has cost me, as there's no way I'm paying that much for one.

On another note, my indecision smacked me in the chops again tonight. Some will know I started out on here with the name Hellequin but changed it a couple of years back to BarnsleyBob (an old nickname from my army days) and I also used to have a tag of 'ello'ello'ello under my username.

Well tonight I asked the ever helpful Dave of the admin team to change me back to Hellequin. He kindly did so and also added a new tag under it... Cheers Dave, that'll teach me to make my mind up! 🤦 🤣

Yeh well most folk find the TX's shoot better / easier - so just pick up a s/h one of them maybe dude ! Or buy a CF that looks like a Pro Sport lol !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

£830 for a Walnut stocked version. Not any more. New prices are £839 for Beech and £909 for the Walnut version. If you fancy a left hand FAC model in Walnut £999.
    It’s just getting silly prices now.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Having had a few Pro Sports, and admired their beauty, I'm definitely in the "TX is a better gun" camp.

Get a walnut HC; better balanced, easier to cock, easier to short stroke, less hold sensitive, and cheaper.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

thats expensive for a pro sport but then again they have all went up like everything else in life these days

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    £830 for a Walnut stocked version. Not any more. New prices are £839 for Beech and £909 for the Walnut version. If you fancy a left hand FAC model in Walnut £999.
    It’s just getting silly prices now.
    It's utterly bonkers. I think I'd rather buy a HW99 or 95, send the action to Paul Short for tuning & then put it in a nice CS500 stock. Or a 97k if I really want an underlever...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    I'll likely go 2nd hand Tony, it's an itch I think I have to scratch. That said, I'm picking up a lovely old Sirocco Countryman Carbine on Friday and a nice looking Vulcan mk3 on Saturday, so they'll keep me occupied for a bit.

Really fancy a little HW30 too though, just for the garden plinking range.

Now we're back settled in England maybe I'll finally get around to one of those bash things that you keep going on about...
    At least you have some nice new (to you) toys joining you to keep you going whilst the quest continues.. And the little 30S is a favourite of mine and highly regarded by so many.

Be great to see you at a Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!