Thread: Rifle recommendation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rifle recommendation

Looking for a lightweight rifle for my niece to use,anything straight out the box available,or will i need to get something and alter the stock etc

Quote Originally Posted by GS747 View Post
    Looking for a lightweight rifle for my niece to use,anything straight out the box available,or will i need to get something and alter the stock etc
    S200, Ultra springs to mind,

Rifle

Or if after a Springer? HW30, HW99 or Remington Express compact. Mach 1.5

Springer or other? If springer, am I correct in thinking that you're looking for something easy to cock? How old is your niece, and does she need full power? If she's above 14, a full power HW99 would fit the bill but if power isn't an issue the HW30 is a little beauty, extremely accurate, even easier than a 99 to cock, and slightly shorter in length too.

Realy need more info. Rough age & preference for pcp or springer ?
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

What about a Brocock contour super six? These are super light and great little rifles

s200 p15 bothe nice and lite

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Springer or other? If springer, am I correct in thinking that you're looking for something easy to cock? How old is your niece, and does she need full power? If she's above 14, a full power HW99 would fit the bill but if power isn't an issue the HW30 is a little beauty, extremely accurate, even easier than a 99 to cock, and slightly shorter in length too.
    A springer or a PCP type,my niece is 12 so just something easier for her to use.

Cometa 100
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

As a few others have said. Buy this and it will last your niece a lifetime. I have number of them, old, new and synthetic stock varieties in both .22 and .177.

Built like a tank, fit and finish second to none, lightweight, easy to cock and fantastically accurate. All I would say is either yourself or the dealer needs to set up the scope, (which is not too shabby to be fair), to suit your nieces eye relief and also for attachment tightness, HW only loosely assemble the scope to the rifle .

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMS1elgXsAA50jN.jpg:large

Rifle recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    As a few others have said. Buy this and it will last your niece a lifetime. I have number of them, old, new and synthetic stock varieties in both .22 and .177.

Built like a tank, fit and finish second to none, lightweight, easy to cock and fantastically accurate. All I would say is either yourself or the dealer needs to set up the scope, (which is not too shabby to be fair), to suit your nieces eye relief and also for attachment tightness, HW only loosely assemble the scope to the rifle .

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMS1elgXsAA50jN.jpg:large
    That looks a good deal Portzy,thanks !

Rifle recommendations

Going to take her along to one of the gun shops at the weekend and see how some options will fit for her.

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up

A small C02 like a rat catcher is good for kids, that or a QB78 from SMK (sorry if I got the model wrong, it's the one where you can put in 2 C02 bulbs facing opposite eachother for more shots)
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Depending upon what she wants it for, I would say keep an eye out for a nice Falcon FN12 light Hunter, they dont come much lighter than that, either single shot or multishot if its for vermin control, Multi shots are prone to problems with indexing, but there are good aftermarket magazines available that negate the use of the problematic crown wheel arrangement.

Quote Originally Posted by mrben0 View Post
    Depending upon what she wants it for, I would say keep an eye out for a nice Falcon FN12 light Hunter, they dont come much lighter than that, either single shot or multishot if its for vermin control, Multi shots are prone to problems with indexing, but there are good aftermarket magazines available that negate the use of the problematic crown wheel arrangement.
    Thanks MrBen,
    will keep an eye out.She does not know we are going to the gun shop this weekend,so a nice surprise for her but not my wallet,lol