Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silencers, Moderators, Suppressors for PCP's ???

HW vs HW XL

As many above I've always used the standard HW as my go-to.......

I recently splashed out on an HW XL (the full size one) and did a side-by-side comparison on my FX Wildcat.

The XL was quieter...... but given the fact it's a lot fatter than the standard HW and a lot more expensive, I doubt I'd buy another without a specific reason.

I'm yet to try the XL on my FAC R10 - that will be a real test!

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

0db on Revere and HW on the 100, as above HW remains the benchmark.

has anyone else tried the A-tech Wave, its been around for a while, but one else has mentioned it?
    I have one sat on my .177 FX dreamline lite compact and it is superb!!

I still really like the Weihrauch mods, well the mk 1 with the tapered shoulder, I'm not keen on their mk 2 version with the sort of tube sticking out of the end (if it ain't broke, etc........) and just really dislike the over-priced Weihrauch "Fat-Boys"
    Also fairly unimpressed with anything that says "Donny FL" on it, dont get me wrong they look the biz, and are very well machined and anodised, but I want a mod that is quiet first and pretty second !!

I bought an A Tech Wave yesterday. Might be a while before I try it out. I know not to judge a book by it's cover etc but it is a bit small ??
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

If you have 5 mods of different make and models - it is highly possible that their ranking of quietest to loudest will change position just by swapping the rifle they are shot on.

Makers are forever redesigning the wheel for a tool that is for the most part - probably not audible to a 30 yard rabbit. Yetnwe fixate on it.

Yes a mod can make a big difference sound footprint but I also look for a mod to tighten my group size as well.

There comes a point where the desire ultimate hush becomes disproportionate to the actual reduction Vs the cost.9f it.

The HW is often used as a bench mark item and perhaps - rightly so. But would I dosh out a LOT of extra wonga for their new super size mods? No. The cost Vs miniscule reduction is not a cost.effective option for me.

Would I say no to one at a more similar cost of a std HW then I would spend a few more sheckles.

Its like spending hundreds on a modular mod for a..22LR subsonic rifle when a SAK will do the job as well as and for much less.

You pay your money and repent at leisure
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill