Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weihrauch vs Weihrauch

Hellequin is online now I used to be indecisive.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes.. But you missed one out! You need the 99 as well. And, whilst you're at it, the discreet little 30S is waiting to tempt you, too, with its demure charms.
    You're a very bad man Tony, stop it with the tempting options... 🤣
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

I have always thought that a "de tuned" rifle feels and handles much better than a rifle tuned up from 9-10ftlb.
    Detuned Diana 52, HW80 and 77 in past and all shot very well at 11.5 ish.
    Tried the little rifles and to me (my opinion) they dont feel the same like they are trying too hard to be a bigger rifle.
    Personnelly I would choose the 95 as I believe it is a better quality rifle all together.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    In my experience, the 99 has a powerplant far more suited to sub12 than the 95 or 80.
    The 95 is designed to run at around 16ftlb, the 80 at 18-20ftlb
    The 95 can run well at sub12, but it's tuning complications are well documented on here.
    The 80 is more difficult to get right than the 95.
    Both can be done, and very well, but you don't need a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

The 99 therefore is far easier to tune, as with the larger capacity rifles, you're fighting their power potential.

The 99, does however need some work to prevent galling. If left unattended, the galling can make a proper mess of the cocking slot.

In terms of potential muzzle energy, the 99, even in .177 will make the upper limit of 12ftlb. My preference is to run a .177 at 10.5 to 11 with a 7.9g pellet.

My current 99 is possibly the best break barrel springer that I've ever owned.
    Its running a Vortek kit with Vortek seal, and is producing a max 5fps spread over the skan, with the lowest felt recoil I've had on a break barrel.
    A quick, yet soft shot cycle is produced, which really aids consistent shooting.
    Absolutely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    And the 99 is still pretty cheap to buy, even brand new!
    Yep.. And in many cases not much more money than some budget rifles that could only start to dream of getting into the same ball park re overall build, barrel quality and the superb Rekord trigger.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    You're a very bad man Tony, stop it with the tempting options... 🤣
    And these two "babies" of the range can probably be bought at the combined price for the two that is less than the price of one rifle that won't necessarily put as big a smile on your face as these can.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Tony can check out any time he likes, but he can never leave....
    Hee, hee, hee!

Not that I'd want to check out anytime soon, Jon. Although I own a large variety of Weihrauchs, there are still one or two that would be welcomed in in the future.......a 35 Export, for sure. Plus a 75. And I still wouldn't be saying no to giving a 90 a home. And, strangely, wouldn't write off the idea of a 57.......