Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch vs Weihrauch

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    I think you are hankering for another 80, get one and reduce the cylinder dia.
    OK, my #1 HW is my reduced cylinder (24mm) HW80.. but I thought that was a bit beyond the scope of the OP's question
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    OK, my #1 HW is my reduced cylinder (24mm) HW80.. but I thought that was a bit beyond the scope of the OP's question
    I think my #1 would have to be my 30mm X 71mm stroke HW35Ek with glided rotating piston, Jon.

I think you can still order a HW35E carbine, so that would save buying a custom stock, and they're not a bad gun with standard 69mm stroke internals.

All the best Mick

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    A big plus about the HW80 and the HW35 is their breeches sit flush with the cylinder.

The HW95 and HW99 don’t.

I know it’s only cosmetic but if I am spending big money on a one off rifle then this counts.
    Master Debater

Hellequin is online now I used to be indecisive.....
    Shall I just buy a 35, 80 AND 95 to cover all bases? 🤣🤣
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    Shall I just buy a 35, 80 AND 95 to cover all bases? ����
    welcome to the asylum
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

a nice 95 in 20 my mate has one its a awsome bit of kit

Hw95l

Absolute joy plinking from the back deck with this fine rifle.

welcome to the asylum
    Thing is, I've been here before mate. I wonder if I'll learn this time and actually keep the nice rifles I end up with
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Yes.. But you missed one out! You need the 99 as well. And, whilst you're at it, the discreet little 30S is waiting to tempt you, too, with its demure charms.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes.. But you missed one out! You need the 99 as well. And, whilst you're at it, the discreet little 30S is waiting to tempt you, too, with its demure charms.
    welcome to the asylum

Tony can check out any time he likes, but he can never leave....

Hi Paul

The legacy of your original 80 is still the perfect interface to one of my favorite and most accurate rifles - one of Steve Popes (RIP Steve) 25mm reduced cylinder masterpieces.

They do turn up from time to time, and worth snapping up.

If you are ever down my way, you are more than welcome to try one of mine

Cheers Steve

Weirdly enough, when you think about it, of those 3 only the 35 is designed as a sub 12ftlb gun.

All the best Mick

In my experience, the 99 has a powerplant far more suited to sub12 than the 95 or 80.
    The 95 is designed to run at around 16ftlb, the 80 at 18-20ftlb
    The 95 can run well at sub12, but it's tuning complications are well documented on here.
    The 80 is more difficult to get right than the 95.
    Both can be done, and very well, but you don't need a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

The 99 therefore is far easier to tune, as with the larger capacity rifles, you're fighting their power potential.

The 99, does however need some work to prevent galling. If left unattended, the galling can make a proper mess of the cocking slot.

In terms of potential muzzle energy, the 99, even in .177 will make the upper limit of 12ftlb. My preference is to run a .177 at 10.5 to 11 with a 7.9g pellet.

My current 99 is possibly the best break barrel springer that I've ever owned.
    Its running a Vortek kit with Vortek seal, and is producing a max 5fps spread over the skan, with the lowest felt recoil I've had on a break barrel.
    A quick, yet soft shot cycle is produced, which really aids consistent shooting.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    In my experience, the 99 has a powerplant far more suited to sub12 than the 95 or 80.
    The 95 is designed to run at around 16ftlb, the 80 at 18-20ftlb
    The 95 can run well at sub12, but it's tuning complications are well documented on here.
    The 80 is more difficult to get right than the 95.
    Both can be done, and very well, but you don't need a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

The 99 therefore is far easier to tune, as with the larger capacity rifles, you're fighting their power potential.

The 99, does however need some work to prevent galling. If left unattended, the galling can make a proper mess of the cocking slot.

In terms of potential muzzle energy, the 99, even in .177 will make the upper limit of 12ftlb. My preference is to run a .177 at 10.5 to 11 with a 7.9g pellet.

My current 99 is possibly the best break barrel springer that I've ever owned.
    Its running a Vortek kit with Vortek seal, and is producing a max 5fps spread over the skan, with the lowest felt recoil I've had on a break barrel.
    A quick, yet soft shot cycle is produced, which really aids consistent shooting.
    And the 99 is still pretty cheap to buy, even brand new!
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Hi Paul

The legacy of your original 80 is still the perfect interface to one of my favorite and most accurate rifles - one of Steve Popes (RIP Steve) 25mm reduced cylinder masterpieces.

They do turn up from time to time, and worth snapping up.

If you are ever down my way, you are more than welcome to try one of mine

Cheers Steve
    Hi Steve, I hope you're keeping well?

I'm glad to hear that lovely stock is still with you, it really was a beaut. Last I heard the action was still going strong too and being put to good use for pest control.

I think at this rate I may well end up with either a 99 or 35 but another 80 isn't out of the question one day.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd