Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S200 cylinder leaking. Help please.

S200 cylinder leaking. Help please.

As above. My S200 has developed a very slow leak from the T bar filler end. I took it to my local gun shop who attempted to change all the visible seals on it and charge me £30 but honestly admitted once they’d done it, that it was still leaking albeit very slowly. Supposedly the whole filler end of my cylinder needs to be removed to get to the seal inside which they don’t have the tools to do. Gunsmiths suggestion was a transfer to Air Arms themselves where the rifle will be serviced and all the seals will be changed, lubed, refurbed and made like new. Total cost including all packing and RFD transfer is apparently £180 including packaging and a 6 week wait. Question is does anyone in Southampton/Hampshire area know someone or a shop who CAN do this type of repair without me paying almost the cost of a “new” to me, second hand gun. I just want my S200 to be not leaking again……….!
    Any advice gratefully received.
    Thanks in advance.
    TX200 Mk3. Beech .177 S400K walnut .177, S200 .22 Mk2, Browning O/U. B425 grade 1. 12g

I'm surprised you're gunsmiths haven't got the tools needed, but I'm sure someone will able to help you out. Atb mick

£180 ? Ridiculous
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

most gunsmiths can carry the work out

Thanks for the replies chaps. By the time I got home and sorted things out, it was too late to ring round some other places. He said that the particular tool required to take the end cap off an s200 cylinder was a unique part that you can only buy from Air Arms and was very expensive and he didn’t have one as it wasn’t a repair carried out very often. Hence why he hadn’t shelled out for one. I will ring around some other places tomorrow. Winchester, TAL Arms Christchurch, Portsmouth GC and Lamberts in Ringwood. See what they have to say. Anyone have any experience of the gunsmiths in those particular towns I’ve mentioned? Thanks in advance.
    Nemo.
    TX200 Mk3. Beech .177 S400K walnut .177, S200 .22 Mk2, Browning O/U. B425 grade 1. 12g

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Find a new gun shop or better still a local gunsmith... or do it yourself if you feel capable, the correct tool isn't expensive... https://www.huma-air.com/Air-Arms-S2...e-removal-tool

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Thanks for the replies chaps. By the time I got home and sorted things out, it was too late to ring round some other places. He said that the particular tool required to take the end cap off an s200 cylinder was a unique part that you can only buy from Air Arms and was very expensive and he didn’t have one as it wasn’t a repair carried out very often. Hence why he hadn’t shelled out for one. I will ring around some other places tomorrow. Winchester, TAL Arms Christchurch, Portsmouth GC and Lamberts in Ringwood. See what they have to say. Anyone have any experience of the gunsmiths in those particular towns I’ve mentioned? Thanks in advance.
    Nemo.
    Give us shout if you get stuck I'm near ringwood .

You can buy the required tool online, costs about £15 ..
    The cylinders are a pig to strip though, I’ve done two now ….
    If you have access to a vice and big hammer it’s worth buying the tool and a seal kit ……
    Guns n' Landrovers. Anything else is irrelevant

2 x 4mm drill bits will fit into the end cap. Clamp the cylinder and use a bit of heat and the drill bits will act as levers.

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    2 x 4mm drill bits will fit into the end cap. Clamp the cylinder and use a bit of heat and the drill bits will act as levers.
    I do simular to remove my sumatra front end.

I'm pretty certain Alex at TAL Arms will have the tools to remove the end fitting, but as others have said it's a bu**er to remove first time. I tried with the proper tools and a B&D Workmate and suceeded in breakling the workmate without removing the filler end. Finally gave up, bought a new tube, an external Huma reg and a new filler with guage and that sorted it. Still have the old tube with the filler still firmly stuck.
    Air Arms HFT 500; Walther LG300 Alutec; Umarex Winchester 1873 Carbine CO2; Umarex PX4 Storm; Umarex Walther PPQ M2; Webley MK VI 0.177 CO2: SIG M17 CO2; BSA Scorpion TS; ASG Schofield 6 CO2;

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer_UK View Post
    I'm pretty certain Alex at TAL Arms will have the tools to remove the end fitting, but as others have said it's a bu**er to remove first time. I tried with the proper tools and a B&D Workmate and suceeded in breakling the workmate without removing the filler end. Finally gave up, bought a new tube, an external Huma reg and a new filler with guage and that sorted it. Still have the old tube with the filler still firmly stuck.
    If you want shot of the old tube I’ll take it off your hands ….
    Guns n' Landrovers. Anything else is irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-H View Post
    If you want shot of the old tube I’ll take it off your hands ….
    Me too .
    I'd like a crack at a stubborn one of these to see what the fuss is all about . Ive heard there's some tight ones .

If you want to send it to me I will sort for you, I have the correct tools.

There you go,told you someone would help you out.Atb mick