Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S200 cylinder leaking. Help please.

Thanks everyone for all the really helpful advice. I phoned round a few places localish to me and the bloke at Portsmouth Gun Centre said bring it in and he’d have a crack at it. Incredibly when I got there fully expecting to have to drop it off, and then to go back a few days later to collect it, making it a 80 mile round trip to drop and collect, as he was quiet he said he’d have a go there and then. 20 minutes later, job done! A fully sealed S200 cylinder. A good chat about his previous experience as an air arms trained technician and a look at some of his wares on the shelves and he only charged me £20 which I thought was an amazing bargain….. I know where I will be taking my business in the future. He said they are a fairly difficult thing to do but they have a big old engineers vice with lead lined jaws to as not to mark the cylinder and the right tools so it makes it a bit easier.
    This may help people who need a reasonable priced repair and don’t want to attempt it themselves.

Nemo
    TX200 Mk3. Beech .177 S400K walnut .177, S200 .22 Mk2, Browning O/U. B425 grade 1. 12g

[QUOTE=hmangphilly;8152958]Give us shout if you get stuck I'm near ringwood .[/

Thanks for the generous offer. Much appreciated. I tried replying via PM but your inbox is full and a text message to the number you sent me fails to send.
    Cheers.
    Nemo
    TX200 Mk3. Beech .177 S400K walnut .177, S200 .22 Mk2, Browning O/U. B425 grade 1. 12g

Quote Originally Posted by mrben0 View Post
    If you want to send it to me I will sort for you, I have the correct tools.
    Thanks for the generous offer. Much appreciated. I’ve posted my good experience about getting it fixed at a different gunsmith.
    Cheers.
    Nemo

[QUOTE=Nemo;8153597]
    Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    Give us shout if you get stuck I'm near ringwood .[/

Thanks for the generous offer. Much appreciated. I tried replying via PM but your inbox is full and a text message to the number you sent me fails to send.
    Cheers.
    Nemo
    Ta mate . sorry i had no idea my inbox was full .
    Glad youre sorted . Ypur gunsmith sounds like a good lad

Glad you got the leaking cylinder sorted.
    I too have heard good reports about the Portsmouth Gun Centre, although I've never visited it myself. It's about the closest decent gun shop to me now, since Chaplins went, although Alex is still carrying out servicing and repairs.
    I had a similar problem on the S200 cylinder used as a reservoir on my PCP Service rifle, and sent it to a well known member on here who re-sealed it in a very short space of time.