Thread: Valuation Question- Eisenwerke Gaggenau Model MF Air Pistol

Valuation Question- Eisenwerke Gaggenau Model MF Air Pistol

I am planning to sell this pistol but would like views on valuation before I post if for sale.
    I believe it is a Eisenwerke Gaggenau Model MF based on the pictures in Vintage Airguns Gallery.

Condition is quite poor. If it was nickel plated there is none left - although it may originally have been black...

Cocking aid present but needs fettling so that it will cock the gun.

It has a bolt action as do the Vintage Airguns Gallery versions but this one looks to me too good to be original. Please see photos.

Appreciate your advice.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    I am planning to sell this pistol but would like views on valuation before I post if for sale.
    I believe it is a Eisenwerke Gaggenau Model MF based on the pictures in Vintage Airguns Gallery.

Condition is quite poor. If it was nickel plated there is none left - although it may originally have been black...

Cocking aid present but needs fettling so that it will cock the gun.

It has a bolt action as do the Vintage Airguns Gallery versions but this one looks to me too good to be original. Please see photos.

Appreciate your advice.
    Steve
    Hard to say Steve, as I'm sure you know. A good one should be worth at least £200 and probably quite a bit more. In that condition, it really needs refinishing and re-nickelling, although the cost of this wouldn't be reflected in the eventual refinished value... the usual dilemma.

They are not exactly rare, but pretty scarce nevertheless and their great age makes them desirable. I've never seen one in that condition.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    The T-cocking handle is a bonus as it is original and they are usually missing on much-battered guns like this one. Unfortunately it has been mucked about with, and that little protruding 'rod' should not be there. Instead it should have a female thread, and the piston rod (also damaged) should protrude and have a male thread. The breech loading bolt is not original and should not protrude that much from the housing when in the closed position, and the bit that protrudes should have a plain profile, not contoured.
    Even so, these are things that could be put right, and it would make an interesting project for someone. On that basis I would say it was worth about £100 to the right person in its present condition.

Valuation

Thanks guys - I'll post shortly as for sale based on your advice.
    Steve