Thread: Bullpups - Sinclair C5 of the future discuss ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If I bought a bullpup - it sure as hell wouldnt be for paper punching.

Whilst it doesnt stop iylts use for that - none of the design amd ergonomics were considered as a paper punching solution.

I would say most would buy a true bullpup primarily as a hunting tool or - maybe - they need a smaller shooting solution because or physical limiting factors like dodgy shoulder or the like
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I would say they are different to a "rifle" and should be treat that way.
    A good BP is a very effective tool.
    All the weight is close to you, so the balance is, and your grip needs to be then they balance spot on, like a big pistol.
    Spot on for Rats, close barn work or dense woods.
    I wouldnt buy an air rifle BP as I dont do enough of that type of shooting anymore to warrant owning a good one, I can do all that with a Rapid, the times I do it.
    VAYA CON DIOS

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    If I bought a bullpup - it sure as hell wouldnt be for paper punching.

Whilst it doesnt stop iylts use for that - none of the design amd ergonomics were considered as a paper punching solution.

I would say most would buy a true bullpup primarily as a hunting tool or - maybe - they need a smaller shooting solution because or physical limiting factors like dodgy shoulder or the like
    I would of agreed fully but my best groups paper punching at 50yds have been with a bullpup and a guy shoots a pulsar at our range benchrest comps and does well, Ive a bad back so find using a pup at the bench for hours uncomfortable for me but plenty do. I never thought Id buy a bullpup after years of rifles but simply gelled within a few shots, one thing that definitely improved was my standers.

Rob mentions scope height but I find this beneficial as it keeps the pup in my shoulder, stops the crooked neck and tightens poi holds up further out, admittedly I only use x1.5 inside and x2.5 outside.

The only rifle I can see me buying in the future is the Anshutz 9015BR, but I could never carry it about up the farm..

Shoot, enjoy, repeat whatever you have
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars