Thread: HW95 owners....... scope mounting advice please

HW95 owners....... scope mounting advice please

Afternoon all,

Will be taking delivery of a new to me HW95K .177 soon, it's absolutely standard and very much as new

I have a Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 to go on it, currently set in a pair of BKL doublestrap mounts

I'll wait and see how it feels standard/unmolested, but have ordered a drop in guide, top hat and short stroke kit so have a few options for ironing out the usual twangs - really just looking for some guidance on whether the BKL mounts will be OK, or if I'd be better to go for a set with an arrestor pin (can't use one piece as none will fit the scope)

Any thoughts?
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

I usually find a 95 needs medium or high mounts, and favour a bigger scope on a 95 (in contrast to an 80 or 77)
    Nothing wrong with a 2-7 x in high mounts if that's what you need not to crack your neck to get eye behind scope, just looks a bit daft

If it's got factory mod on, you'll need a heavier one, the rifle will never hold ' on target' otherwise, just sayin
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Thanks - 2-7x32 has come off a HW99, and the comb on the 95 is not much higher so eye alignment shouldn't be too much different - biggest concern is whether BKL mounts will hold tight on the 95, or if I need something with a recoil pin
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Hw95l

I used Hawke tactical medium rings with the arrester pin, rear ring, to mount a Hawke 4-16 x 44 mm compact scope on my HW95L. I set the caps to 15" lbs and bases to 30" lbs after a through cleaning. No problems with movement after 3K to 4K pellets at 17 FPE. Hope this helps.

Thanks Travis299....

Are they definitely Hawke Tactical medium?

According to Hawkes website diameter of my 2-7x32 is 46mm, and diameter of your 4-16x44 is 51mm.... I'd worked out that with the Hawke Tactical medium I'd only have 1.7mm between AO ring and rifle, gap on yours looks to be a lot bigger?

Aside from gap/size difference good to know they hold tight - thanks!

Hi, if the BKL's are double strap I would think they would be fine on a 95. I use two piece sportsmatch double strap on my 177 Theoben Fenman gas ram with no issues and you can't use an arrestor pin on that gun.

Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by clipper View Post
    Thanks Travis299....

Are they definitely Hawke Tactical medium?

According to Hawkes website diameter of my 2-7x32 is 46mm, and diameter of your 4-16x44 is 51mm.... I'd worked out that with the Hawke Tactical medium I'd only have 1.7mm between AO ring and rifle, gap on yours looks to be a lot bigger?

Aside from gap/size difference good to know they hold tight - thanks!
    The Hawke tactical 2 piece medium rings leave about 1/8" clearance for the objective lens.
    https://us.hawkeoptics.com/tactical-...er-medium.html

Hawke 3-9 x 40 mm with SportsMatch 2 piece medium T04C rings & HW95L.

ive a 1 piece low mount on mine works a treat,scope is 3-9x50

Ali-C is offline It looks so pretty burning
    It’s not a 99 but... I’m currently using a 4” one piece BKL Mount on my TX200, it seems to be holding rock steady. Just make sure it’s done up properly. I reckon any sub 12 springer would need to have unreasonably harsh recoil to shake a properly torqued one piece mount loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by madnurse View Post
    Would like to try FT but being a short fat stumpy git i would look like a weeble wobbling about, spraying pellets everywhere like a deranged mafia boss

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    One piece double screw, medium Sportsmatch on my .177 95 (muzzle weighted version) supporting a retro NS Platinum 3-9x40.
    BKL mounts are high quality and very well made so if I were you I'd give them a go before you lash out on altyernatives !
    “An airgun or two”………

On the missus’s 95 no matter how tight we did the scope mounts it kept creeping back. Used the recoil pin on the Hawke mounts and now it’s fine.

Has a Vortek kit fitted by Tony Burton and the rifle is pellet on pellet out to 50yds. (When she shoots it)

Cheers,
    Matt

I have single strap bkl mount’s on my 95 and they haven’t budged in 7 years