Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New vid: 100 years of Air Pistols pt 2 1940-1972

All of the above comments, Matt, and many thanks for your efforts.
    Your excellent videos on various social media serve as educational and historical documents, hopefully inspiring airgunners - and those who've never known anything of airgunning to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev8 View Post
    All of the above comments, Matt, and many thanks for your efforts.
    Your excellent videos on various social media serve as educational and historical documents, hopefully inspiring airgunners - and those who've never known anything of airgunning to give it a try.
    Thank you sir,
    As you know this is the plan, always appreciate your support.

Atb,
    Matt

Matt, really enjoyable and entertaining, please add in the Schimel, they are a brilliant design and give excellent power and accuracy. I still have a couple in my collection and love shooting them.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

As mentioned on a American forum your omission of the Hy-Score is a bit shocking to us Yanks! You could make up for it by including the UK version made in the next time period? (With silencer)

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    As mentioned on a American forum your omission of the Hy-Score is a bit shocking to us Yanks! You could make up for it by including the UK version made in the next time period? (With silencer)
    I can only include what I own and I don’t own a U.S Hyscore.
    But yes I am going to include the U.K. Hyscore in the fourth instalment, with a mention to the original design.

Cheers,
    Matt

Excellent video and shooting, Matt, very enjoyable indeed.
    Similar to 45 Flint’s comments I was hoping to see an American Hy-Score pistol being featured as I had one in the early 70’s and I remember it was great to shoot despite the primitive rear sight.
    Looking forward to the forthcoming episodes and of course seeing the British version of the Hy-Score.
    Thanks, Graeme

Now you've come clean re marksmanship, or lack thereof, Matt ( post 4 ) can we look forward to a blooper reel?

Only teasing. I've enjoyed both, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    Now you've come clean re marksmanship, or lack thereof, Matt ( post 4 ) can we look forward to a blooper reel?

Only teasing. I've enjoyed both, Mick
    The only blooper worth sharing is included in the first video, with the non compliant ‘Briton’ push barrel. That still makes me laugh. Any others would just be me barking ‘Again!’ at my long suffering camera operating missus, after my having just ruined a perfect long take with a miss.

It’s never as easy as I think it’ll be

Cheers,
    Matt

I'm not an airgun collector but have been around air pistols and rifles since the 1960's when I was at school. I would just like to say I very much enjoyed the video, it brought back memories of some of the pistols from those far off days.

Very much enjoyed the video, Matt, and look forward to seeing the SSP video in due course, as I have owned a few, the first being the Daisy Powerline 717, which I found to be extremely accurate, followed by a HW75 and Webley Nemesis, my favourite that I still have examples of.
    I don't know if you put the Alecto/Zoraki HP01 in the same class, as it's a multi pump for full power, but I have a cased pair with matching .177 and .22 serial numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Very much enjoyed the video, Matt, and look forward to seeing the SSP video in due course, as I have owned a few, the first being the Daisy Powerline 717, which I found to be extremely accurate, followed by a HW75 and Webley Nemesis, my favourite that I still have examples of.
    I don't know if you put the Alecto/Zoraki HP01 in the same class, as it's a multi pump for full power, but I have a cased pair with matching .177 and .22 serial numbers.
    I’m also looking forward to the SSP’s making an appearance, and the ones I have will span the last 2 videos in the series.
    My mate had a 717 when I was a teenager and it was my introduction to properly accurate air pistols. I’ll include a 717, 747 and my personal favourite the 777 which is pretty special.

I only recently acquired a Webley Nemesis and when I zeroed it in I was pretty bowled over by its accuracy. Much better than I had expected.

No Zoraki in my collection, my mate has one but always seems preoccupied with how many pumps to give it. With each of the three pumps having different poi’s I never saw the point. Good triggers though.

Cheers,
    Matt