Thread: Help with valuation of a vendeta rifle

Help with valuation of a vendeta rifle

Hi i have a Dr Bobs VENDETA .20 cal only twenty made and want help with the value it is like a rapid with the same internals
    Last edited by lonewolf; 25-06-2022 at 09:38 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'd go with the same price as a Rapid. The blocks do have some advantages, but only a handful of people know that, so resesale value may not be so high... I can't really see it being worth more than a Rapid block, even if its in some ways better.
    HTH - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Not sure where you got only 20 made? he's still doing them now, though not on any great scale, there was a block for sale on the R7OC last year didn't sell at £260.
    It's similar to the Impacts, although they are just like a fancy Rapid they just don't have the same following & that's before the whole thing with the two 'factions' which I just don't understand.
    So value is going to be down to which variant of block, what it looks like, what the build spec is & who built it.

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...light=Vendetta

https://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread...light=Vendetta

I raffled a PP block off on the R7OC and will be raffling the v2 version in the next few months as I didn’t feel comfortable selling them.

Oh, good info from guy. I had foolishly assumed the second version fixed all the issues
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it springs to mind with this one.. that goes for Og block & Og CAD.

Assuming the OP's rifle, is working as intended and in good condition, I can't see why it wouldn't fetch the same price, if not a little more than a similar specced Rapid.

The Impact variants, have been widely slated over the years, by the dedicated Rapid fanboys. It doesn't stop them commanding top money.
    B.A.S.C. member

But they don't "command top money" that's the point not that you actually see many up for sale.
    9/10 it's the name on the side that matters, why else would there be markets in every corner of the world selling knock off goods ?

There will be a market for it, but as I said above it is the spec & who built it that matters,
    there are Vendeta blocks built in to rifles by 'Joe public', there are others built by the likes of Bucketboy, Bob himself, or KevG.

So is it in one of the chassis rails, or a wood stock are the internals old rapid parts or custom machined parts from one of the above builders, what bottle, is it QF, what barrel shrouded or plain etc,etc
    Unfortunately Mr Wolf doesn't seem keen to put photo's of his rifles or give the detail required to know exactly what it is, so it makes matters difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    But they don't "command top money" that's the point not that you actually see many up for sale.
    9/10 it's the name on the side that matters, why else would there be markets in every corner of the world selling knock off goods ?

There will be a market for it, but as I said above it is the spec & who built it that matters,
    there are Vendeta blocks built in to rifles by 'Joe public', there are others built by the likes of Bucketboy, Bob himself, or KevG.

So is it in one of the chassis rails, or a wood stock are the internals old rapid parts or custom machined parts from one of the above builders, what bottle, is it QF, what barrel shrouded or plain etc,etc
    Unfortunately Mr Wolf doesn't seem keen to put photo's of his rifles or give the detail required to know exactly what it is, so it makes matters difficult.
    100% agreed. Who built it, and what precisely is in there, makes a massive difference.

I wouldnt originally buy one due to nothing from the original rapid 7 fitting the Vendetta block without problems and i followed Guys experiences with his blocks up to the very end, I actually won the one Guy raffled on the rapid 7 forum for Help for Hero`s after bucket boy did his magic and a wonderful job Pete did on it too.
    But as Guy says it puts a bitter taste in the mouth after people bought them and found they only had bought doorstops, Rapid lads want to chop and change their rapids to suit themselves but if the Vendetta block wont accept standard rapid parts then it defeats the object with having to send it off to Kev or Pete and others to sort out and make parts for you, Mine has the means to be changed to any caliber anytime you want with a quick changeover of regulator, Barrel and probe.
    Its not exactly a diy job any more if the standard rapid parts you have dont fit, Great idea by Dr Bob and i always like his innovations for the rapids and hope any future blocks will sort out this problem but on the same note Lonewolf has one that he says is sorted, We dont know by who yet or what jobs had to be done or what it even looks like but it must be worth practically the same as a standard rapid but just not as easy to fix by the average owner if anything goes wrong in the future. Buyers will need to know who put this rifle together so they can be contacted in the future should anything go wrong as Kev and Pete have their own methods of magic to get these blocks working.
    Even after you manage to have a working rifle it will still be a Vendetta block made into a rifle with some spare parts or in most cases some custom parts.
    Not exactly Rapid if it takes you ages to fix. Col.