Thread: Webley mk3

Webley mk3

Hi

Can anyone help or suggest anything regarding my Webley mk3.
    I stripped and cleaned everything, soaked a new leather washer in neats foot oil for 24hrs, lightly sanded the cylinder bore, greased around the piston top and bottom for about 12mm and left the centre of the piston clean as it does contact anything. The spring is nice and straight and also the correct amount of coils and is the right length. I left it another 24hrs after reassembling before shooting it.
    It cocks lovely and smooth and fires smoothly however it is only 6.9ft/lb across the chrono. I dont know what it was doing before stripping as it was in a poor condition and i had only just got it.

Pellets are .22 Webley mosquito express weighing 14.3.

Any ideas on the power, will it get better with use and what should i expect to get out of it.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by leswado; 26-06-2022 at 08:32 AM.

I would start with basics. Quick compression test to asses sealing at piston/loading tap. Some leakage at the tap is not critical.
    Next spring spec. around 210/220 mm x 21.5 dia x 3.2 wire x 30 coils x 36 lb/inch rate
    Piston seal fit. Should slide easily with one finger push with open tap but bounce on air cushion with tap/TP closed.
    Output around 9/10 fpe depending on pellet.
    PM for more info.