Thread: Thank you, Terry.

Thumbs up Thank you, Terry.

So, El Tel is going to retire from his editorship very soon.

He's going to tell us more about his future plans in the next issue and say his farewells.

But there is more than a hint in this month's text indicating that we won't be losing him altogether?

Terry, a huge thank you from one of your biggest fans. You have done a brilliant job for a very long time delivering us a quality and varied read each month. You've assembled and keep motivating your writers to come up with such excellent stuff each month. And I've always enjoyed your writing style and the way you deliver to get the point across, fuelled by that passion and drive that is so obvious for all to see. You have informed, entertained and motivated this reader for a very long time.

Thank you so much.

And I hope we see you continuing contributing although retiring the captaincy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

As above ... totally agree with everything TonyL has said.
    Now, as to the future: will we see a new venture set up? 'El Tel's designer label bespoke adjustable cheek pieces and butt pads'?

Seriously though .. thank you for great service.
    Cheers, Phil

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Terry hasn't been on the forum for over a year Tony. If you want to express your thanks, you may be better emailing him.

PS, I've heard a whisper, he's retiring to be a swimwear model for the saga catalogue.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Yes our Terry does have a way with words and the banter to be had can be on epic proportions

So from me all the best Mayte
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Sad to see this Ed hanging up his boots, he and Dave have helped putting KP on the map. As soon as Dave takes over the reins, I am taking away his fishing rods

Congrats on a job well done,Mr Doe,Time to easy down,
    but infact since I retired , I am just as busy,
    thanks for the great work you have done for airgunning.
    I hope BTDT is not retiring as well
    as I enjoy his articles greatly.
    ATVB Brian

Congratulations on your imminent retirement Terry I hope you keep fit and well.
    yours is going to be difficult act to follow.

i wish him well great bloke

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    I hope BTDT is not retiring as well
    Jim's way past retiring

Anyways, he's still got that book to write...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Absolutely, JB, absolutely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Terry hasn't been on the forum for over a year Tony. If you want to express your thanks, you may be better emailing him.

Dave
    Thank you, Dave. I've done so. I hadn't realised that he hadn't been on here for so long.

Hi Guys ,on buying the latest copy of Mr T Does, finest work, I find
    it has new owners, ,I would advise them not to change it to much as its great in its
    current format, to many changes would lose my readership and I have been buying these magazines
    for years, so new editor take heed!!
    atb brian

Agreed Brian. I look forward to, and enjoy, my monthly fix of the expertly put together read each month. And its sister publication also improved by leaps and bounds a few years ago under Terry's watchful eye.

Fingers crossed that although Terry may be retiring as the Editor, we'll still see input from him and that the new owners take advice and direction from him.

And I implore everyone to buy a copy of this month's magazine. The last one with Terry as Editor and sure to be a landmark collectable.

Terry, if you're looking in, so sorry that you were struck down with Covid and to hear you suffered quite badly with it. I hope you are recovering fully. Your team did you proud and I hope you enjoy your very well earned rest these next weeks. I hope your future plans all go swimmingly and we look forward to seeing what inputs you may have in the future.

You have held things together brilliantly for us and delivered a superb magazine for a long time. Yet no OBE?

Folks, there's loads of awesome content rammed into this copy. Do yourselves a favour and buy it. Mine dropped through the letter box yesterday; guessing it will be in the shops mid-week?

Good luck to Dave Barham and The Team in carrying on delivering our quality read.

And all the very best, Terry; you done us proud.