Thread: g10 repeaters

g10 repeaters

got to love a G10 repeater , in remember looking at one in a tackle shop for months until my dad got me it for christmas. was looking for one the other day and noticed they seem to be smk now . i can’t remember if they where always that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenitt View Post
    got to love a G10 repeater , in remember looking at one in a tackle shop for months until my dad got me it for christmas. was looking for one the other day and noticed they seem to be smk now . i can’t remember if they where always that?
    Huntington beach ca USA is on mine but I did have a earlier one than this when I was younger , This is quite old though but this was the second one I bought, I'd be guessing really if I give a year as it was a while ago when I bought it,

Smile

Mine is an SMK offering but also says 'Huntigton Beach CA. U.S.A.' on the right side!

I feel that these are the worst air pistols i've ever had and I never had a Gat until very recently when a friend sent me his childhood one, It's actually much better than the G10

It may be due to my old dad who hated guns, He was a lorry driver that transported scrap, Back in the very early 70's he had been to the Mod to collect a load of guns for destruction, It's the only time he had to sheet the lorry, Anyhow, He nipped home for dinner and told me the lorry was fully of old machine guns for melting down, I was a nipper and came out with- 'Canm I av' one dad?'!!

He said he'd put me a gun in the cab, I ran to his lorry like Billy Wizz only to find a G10 with no innards in!

I've had a few since though which were underpowered and rattly so I never got on with them!

I think I only bought my current one due to rose tinted glasses, When I shot it all the memories of how bad these were came flooding back!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Mine must be a smk one aswell if it has the USA on the side, I did have a older but not sure of the make,

Not always SMK. Mine is a Diana.
    Cheers, Phil

I have quite of few of these great things, heres a link to my collection.
    Enjoy!

https://mkguns.co.uk/vintage-g10-type-repeaters/

look decent enough

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    The G10 and its later versions have been made by Marksman since 1955, and they must have sold tens of thousands over the years. Many of them rebranded in the UK as said above. The rarest is the very first single shot made only in 1955. It has a patch box on the grip, and this was removed by 1956 and was never resurrected.
    I was lucky to get a boxed one of these back in the days when buying airguns from the USA was as easy as buying a screwdriver off the Bay, and post was cheapo as well. They weren't regarded much as collectables back then (probably still aren't), but I like them.

Thats lovely! I want one.