Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information on the rws 500 plus

Information on the rws 500 plus

Looking at one of these, can anyone give me any information
    What’s the plus stand for ,
    What where /are they in fac and basically any information thanks in advance

Rws 500

Built by Daystate for RWS along with the RWS Series 50 and a forerunner to the Daystate Air Ranger. Fitted with a 500cc bottle and a regulator designed by Joe Korick (adapted by Daystate to work in the vertical position). Initially came in either a walnut or green synthetic stock and later available in black synthetic. 500+ because at 12ftlbs it was supposedly capable of 500+ shots from one fill in .22 calibre (350 shots in .177 calibre). Came with a bipod and a case. However, the rifle wouldn't fit the case with a moderator fitted. Quite expensive at the time at £800.00, (I've just found the receipt and handbook for mine)
    I bought one new with the black synthetic stock in January 2005 and it is the most accurate .22 rifle I have owned, very underrated in my opinion. If it needs a service Staffordshire Custom Rifles can do it at a reasonable cost
    Last edited by ken69; 29-06-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Cheers bud , thanks for the advice very helpful so do the mags fit each other, is the plus just a name or does it mean anything

Right so the plus means 500 shots, what’s more reasonable, it’s one gun when I was young, I was like wow, and now have the chance of one

i had one in green years ago very accurate gun in 22

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter22 View Post
    Cheers bud , thanks for the advice very helpful so do the mags fit each other, is the plus just a name or does it mean anything
    I use the original magazine supplied with it along with the Daystate magazines which are exactly the same

Cheers Ken , was hoping they was the same as it’s only got 1 so would like a couple more

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    i had one in green years ago very accurate gun in 22
    Cheers bud, that’s what I’ve read nothing bad so far

Cheers Ken , was hoping they was the same as it’s only got 1 so would like a couple more
    Not sure if the latest Daystate 'self indexing' magazine will fit but anything prior to that does. I notice on the Daystate website they call the older type the 'legacy' magazine

Cheers bud I’ll have a look, appreciate it

I have one in .22 FAC. One accurate rifle....doesnt get a lot of use at the mo...due to having a day scope fitted and most of my shooting is nocturnal....think it was manufactured Dec 2004 ..... running @ 40lb.....serial number S189.....all RWS 500 Plus began with an S prefix....
    FX Bobcat MK2 .22 FAC. ATN X-Sight LTV.
    FX Impact X .177 Saim SCP19.
    FX Dreamline Compact Lite. .177 Hawke Sidewinder 4x16 FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarnard2 View Post
    I have one in .22 FAC. One accurate rifle....doesnt get a lot of use at the mo...due to having a day scope fitted and most of my shooting is nocturnal....think it was manufactured Dec 2004 ..... running @ 40lb.....serial number S189.....all RWS 500 Plus began with an S prefix....
    Very nice, have you any pictures, chaps and what about spares, or are they very good, as obviously there an older gun or does the air ranger parts fit if needed thanks

I've heard they are the same or similar to the Daystate air ranger? They certainly look very similar, internally not 100% sure just what I hear repeatedly.

Very nice, have you any pictures, chaps and what about spares, or are they very good, as obviously there an older gun or does the air ranger parts fit if needed thanks
    Never needed any parts. Only needed to change a few o-rings since 2005, a couple on the bottle holder block/regulator and two on the small brass shuttle behind the block. I have sent a couple of photographs to your email
    Last edited by ken69; 30-06-2022 at 03:53 PM.

i wish i still had mine one of the most accurate guns ive used