Thread: Fx Impact m3

Fx Impact m3

Hi all my 1st time posting

I recently got a new sub12 fx impact m3 .177 im looking for some tuning advice

i've put a good 1000 pellets thought it now it seems to be good at around 60 yds but past that its all over the place im not thinking that it should be pellet on pellet at that distance by no means but I would like to knock a target down every now and then !!

My advice would be to try lots of different pellets, the only caveat being buy quality pellets and avoid cheap crap.
    Try a couple of sample packs, most will have the usual suspects, Air arms, JSB, H&N etc.
    This is where the fun starts, pellet testing. You'll then find out which pellets your gun likes, which it REALLY likes and which it hates.
    I believe the M3 can shoot slugs quite well too, so that might be an avenue worth investigating.

Mine loves QYS domed heavy 9.56 so try those. JSB Heavies are good too.

Have you tried indexing your barrel or thought about the Saber tactical addons such as the TRS rail?

At sub 12 the pellets may be coming out of stable flight. Depends what your barrel likes and what flies well. Try different pellets but be realistic. Whilst many sub 12s will shoot well they are not really designed to have the grunt to go long. Nor do the projectiles. The M3 was really designed to be an FAC tunable switch barrel to my mind.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill