Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Break Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    My Meteor with a record trigger and a parachute seal,
    Actually not a dumb idea. If you have good forks on a meteor, the barrel locks up really well, plus the power level and recoil can be good when set up properly.
    Too many airguns!

Easy

Three letters LGV mate, for me anyway

Is it possible to use the Mercury S hinge bolt with any relevant machining to tighten the jaws OR has any one considered using Weihrauch barrel shims?

Is it possible to use the Mercury S hinge bolt with any relevant machining to tighten the jaws OR has any one considered using Weihrauch barrel shims?
    I put the piston and trigger out of a Meteor into an SMK b2 and fitted it into a Meteor stock --- I used Weihrauch barrel shims in that one.

I think you'd just have to countersink either side of the Meteor forks to use the Mercury S breech bolt.

All the best Mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I think you'd just have to countersink either side of the Meteor forks to use the Mercury S breech bolt.

All the best Mick
    the forks are hollow, so you can't really... needs a "surface" type arrangement..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

What happened to the air gun a guy on here was making, not seen any updates lately. Atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    the forks are hollow, so you can't really... needs a "surface" type arrangement..
    What if one just opened the outer tube, and let the bolt head and nut press on the inner plate?
    Too many airguns!

Hollow jaws!

The best method to fit a breech bolt is to drill and tap 10mm through the pivet hole ,make two bushes from a 10mm bolt and glue and screw them in .

My Meteor with a record trigger and a parachute seal,
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Actually not a dumb idea. If you have good forks on a meteor, the barrel locks up really well, plus the power level and recoil can be good when set up properly.
    Maybe no Rekord trigger, but Jon's Meteor with the Weihrauch parachute seal shot beautifully (and made respectable power if I remember correctly?).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    If I remember correctly, the Meteor tube is 25mm and the Mercury is 28mm, so you'll have to shorten the bolt and maybe tap the thread a bit longer, not really much of a problem, I suppose the other way of doing it with hollow forks would be with the Diana 34 set up with the correct size tube and then the two bolt arrangement, at least it would have a solid area and wouldn't damage the forks if you tightened them up to much.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    It's not perfect Tone and my .25 still pips it to the post but I can imagine a nicely tuned .22 in a CS500 stock would be a lovely little plinker, I have to admit the little .177 with the Maple stock I shot at the first bash I went to was lovely but it would have been better in .22 as it seemed a little bit lively to me.

But Karen's little 30 is growing on me and it does bring a smile to my face when you hit the targets at the bashes, it obviously helps when you finally find the right pellets thanks to you and your tight arse ways buying cheap pellets but I have to say they do the trick and I now have a few tins for us to send down range in a couple of weeks time.

Pete
    That .177 was Craigy-P's and I thought it shot absolutely beautifully, Pete. Guessing you now having tried more and more tuned ones at The Bash may have fuddled your recollection a tad?

If your quest for pellets in Germany is fruitless, do get some RWS Hobby and FTT to try. If you need to mail order, give JSR or NM Products a go.

Planning on bringing my de-tuned-by-Brucie-boy one to The Bash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    That .177 was Craigy-P's and I thought it shot absolutely beautifully, Pete. Guessing you now having tried more and more tuned ones at The Bash may have fuddled your recollection a tad?

If your quest for pellets in Germany is fruitless, do get some RWS Hobby and FTT to try. If you need to mail order, give JSR or NM Products a go.

My search for a gun shop has been fruitless so far, one shop which Google said was a gun shop turned out to be a medieval weapons shop with swords and armour and such, I did check out online the German gun shop we all like, schnider waffen I think they're called and to be honest there's not much difference in price now, so will just stick getting them from our usual suppliers, I did pick up some more .22 FTTs from Knibbs the other day but he didn't have any Superdomes but I think I have some old ones in my tester tins collection.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Unless I was getting confused with the 99 I tried that was .177 and I expected it to be better considering all the hype that was around about them, I'm sure I'll try that custom 30 again one day, I probably had my anti HW head on as well, which is mellowing now.

Pete

My search for a gun shop has been fruitless so far, one shop which Google said was a gun shop turned out to be a medieval weapons shop with swords and armour and such, I did check out online the German gun shop we all like, schnider waffen I think they're called and to be honest there's not much difference in price now, so will just stick getting them from our usual suppliers, I did pick up some more .22 FTTs from Knibbs the other day but he didn't have any Superdomes but I think I have some old ones in my tester tins collection.

Pete
    And don't forget the Hobby.

Unless I was getting confused with the 99 I tried that was .177 and I expected it to be better considering all the hype that was around about them, I'm sure I'll try that custom 30 again one day, I probably had my anti HW head on as well, which is mellowing now.

Pete
    Sadly, Craigy sold that 30.. I loved that little gun.